Where are the 1.1.4 release notes?

GolfNut

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
Most respectable software developers (companies) provide release notes with each new release articulating what's been fixed, added, and still broken or missing. Why do we have to settle for less with iPhone updates? Why isn't Apple providing release notes to tell us what they're changing? They're losing my respect as a software developer. I think they should stick to hardware.

Y-Less

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Netherlands, The
I agree that Apple should inform the users of iPod's and iPhone's more about the firmware updates. However, The latest update shows us that the changes are "Bug fixes".

The 1.1.4 firmware apparently fixes some nasty bugs introduced with the 1.1.3 update, as follows:

SMS ordering problems Several readers reported that, after installing the iPhone software/firmware 1.1.3 update, SMS (text) messages are displayed out of order. That is, a conversation intended to appear thusly:
  • User1: Hi
  • User2: How are you?
  • User1: Fine.
instead appears thusly:
Apple has acknowledged this issue in a Knowledge Base article. The problem appears to be resolved under iPhone software/firmware 1.1.4.

GolfNut

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
However, The latest update shows us that the changes are "Bug fixes".
Where does the update show us this?

The 1.1.4 firmware apparently fixes some nasty bugs introduced with the 1.1.3 update, as follows:

SMS ordering problems Several readers reported that, after installing the iPhone software/firmware 1.1.3 update, SMS (text) messages are displayed out of order. That is, a conversation intended to appear thusly:
instead appears thusly:
Apple has acknowledged this issue in a Knowledge Base article. The problem appears to be resolved under iPhone software/firmware 1.1.4.
~164 MB update just to fix SMS? Top notch developers?