Where can I buy insurance?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
You might try calling around to other State Farm agents. My agent sold me a policy immediately but I've read of others who were turned down but called around and found an agent who would write it.

If not, you may can add it to your homeownwers policy?

Good luck!

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I called up yesterday they said they don't insure iPhones anymore

not true, I had to call like 15 local agents to finally find someone who would insure it. It cost me 31 dollars for a yr coverage with 0 deductible which covers accidental damage, theft, etc etc.

Hope that helps, be persistent, call around ALL the agents in your area and you will find one.

hotskate

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
i wouldn't want to claim on my renters insurance as my deductible is $500 lol

How much was the policy just for the iPhone like 30-50 bucks a year?

I need to do it... ill call all around for it has anyone done it recently through state farms?

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK

I need to do it... ill call all around for it has anyone done it recently through state farms?
it was 30 dollars for a yr, with no deductible. Covers accidental damage, theft, malfunction, etc. The lady that wrote it said if I wanted to add any jewelry or anything else to it, that it would not be a problem since I am only using 11 dollars of the 30 dollar policy to cover the phone itself. I also didn't want to pay my 500 dollar renters insurance deductible to pay for a 400 dollar phone! I would call around to local agents, I searched their website, www.statefarm.com and just started calling diff ones. Took me about 2 hrs but I finally found one 2 miles from my house.

imhonest

Sep 23, 2007
ifoundyouriPhone

If your looking for a bit of free insurance for your iPhone, register it at ifoundyouriPhone.com.

It is a free lost and found service that embeds tracking info into wallpaper of your choice so that when you lose your iPhone, the finder knows how to retun it.

imhonest

Sep 23, 2007
I called up yesterday they said they don't insure iPhones anymore
If your looking for a bit of free insurance for your iPhone, register it at ifoundyouriPhone.com.

It is a free lost and found service that embeds tracking info into wallpaper of your choice so that when you lose your iPhone, the finder knows how to retun it.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007

I'm covering 2 phones and it was quoted to me as $30 a year to cover both (no deduc). A couple of weeks later I received a bill for another $50 so I "guess" mine actually turned out to be $80.

I could have called to question it but I didn't bother. The peace of mind is worth $80 to me :)

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
ifoundyouriPhone.com is a free service to help you get your iPhone back when you lose it!
Assuming that once it's lost it's actually found and that the finder attempts to locate you through ifoundyouriPhone.com! And assuming that you don't drop it off the top of the Empire State Building or into the Gulf of Mexico!

Good grief, do you own stock in that company or something? I can think of 1,000 different scenarios where it would be totally useless.

The ONLY way to insure your phone against theft, loss, or accidental damage is to insure it with an insurance company and pay the premimum.

Jeez :)

fredy

Sep 24, 2007
so how does this actually work? Do you just call state farm and ask them if they can insure your iPhone? Then if they can what happens. Do I have to sign a contract, show them the iPhone?

thanks in advance.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
so how does this actually work? Do you just call state farm and ask them if they can insure your iPhone? Then if they can what happens. Do I have to sign a contract, show them the iPhone?

thanks in advance.
Yes that's right, call your local agent and ask about it. From what other posters have said it appears that not every agent offers them. I have no clue why some would and some would not? It's very similar to a personal proerty policy I think. The type you might buy to cover expensive jewelry or electronics, etc.

I had only to provide the serial #'s and proof of their value (I used my receipt). I received my "offical policy" a few weeks later. It will expire in 12 months unless I renew, which of course I will.

Good luck!

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK

thanks in advance.
yeah they told me to bring in the receipt and the SN. well the receipt has the SN on it, so I brought it in. They were actually more amused with the iPhone itself then anything else, none of them had actually looked at one up close. They have you sign a few pieces of paper, they write down what they are insuring and for how much. I insured mine for 500 even though I paid 400 for it. The extra 100 is for accessories, etc which they said was fine to do that.

Sep 24, 2007
Would it be covered if it is unlocked and an Apple update bricks it? Just wondering. Maybe all these worried people should get insurance. If they are on another network and it bricks they can get another phone to work on it or get another iPhone and wait for the hackers fix.

vicknik

Sep 26, 2007
Assuming that once it's lost it's actually found and that the finder attempts to locate you through ifoundyouriPhone.com! And assuming that you don't drop it off the top of the Empire State Building or into the Gulf of Mexico!

Good grief, do you own stock in that company or something? I can think of 1,000 different scenarios where it would be totally useless.

The ONLY way to insure your phone against theft, loss, or accidental damage is to insure it with an insurance company and pay the premimum.

Jeez :)
I have to admit, I don't see the downside to signing up for the service... it is free and there are some good wallpaper links in this forum that can be used together with the service to make it look pretty.