Where can I find cheap, WiFi-only iPhone 5?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I need an iPhone 5, strictly for photo shoots for the site. I don't need cell service. I do need WiFi for app functionality and showcasing how iOS works. I was wondering if a phone with a bad IMEI would come cheap. Thoughts?

Jun 21, 2015
The iPhone 5 camera is sub-par in my opinion. Craigslist / eBay is your best bet though, should be able to pick one up cheap these days.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I need an iPhone 5, strictly for photo shoots for the site. I don't need cell service. I do need WiFi for app functionality and showcasing how iOS works. I was wondering if a phone with a bad IMEI would come cheap. Thoughts?
I don't recommed getting an AT&T iPhone with a known bad IMEI because you could run into problems when/if you have to restore it. You might not be able to activate it with your AT&T SIM. If it's an unlocked GSM iPhone and the block is through AT&T, you could possibly activate it with an active T-Mobile SIM, but sometimes the block goes across all of the major carriers. A blacklisted Verizon iPhone 5 would probably be okay since they don't require a SIM to activate after restores.

Lijupnr

Jul 18, 2015
Get the new iPod touch 6th Gen. Better camera and Processors. Good lowlight performance. Costs around 200USD.