Where can I find good alert tones for iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

adambodkins

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
It has probably been asked before but searching for the specifics was no avail.

Since the 4s is proving to be a heck of a device to JB and I can't get unlimitones.

Does anyone know of any apps that allow you to download right into the phone without using iTunes?

Or if not that. Does anyone know of a good site with alert tones? I am using myxer for my ringtones but not many good alert tones on there.

Oct 3, 2009
I also use phonezoo but I haven't had any luck with a direct to phone thing. Always have to go through iTunes and the OP wants to bypass that.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I've found making my own ringtones and alert tones to be more fun and definitely more unique. The old AOL sound bite of "You've got mail" for newly arrived emails or the voice of Yoda announcing a new message by saying "A message from the dark side you have". Any 20-30 second sound bite can be turned into a ringtone and shorter ones can be used for alerts. You're only limited by your own imagination and creativity.

Adriano73

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2012
UK
I've found making my own ringtones and alert tones to be more fun and definitely more unique. The old AOL sound bite of "You've got mail" for newly arrived emails or the voice of Yoda announcing a new message by saying "A message from the dark side you have". Any 20-30 second sound bite can be turned into a ringtone and shorter ones can be used for alerts. You're only limited by your own imagination and creativity.
I have used the AOL notification on my iPhone for emails for years! It sounds so old now. Brilliant.