Where can I sign up for Mac OS X Yosemite beta?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I signed up soon after they opened it up to non-devs... (But I didn't download any betas at that time)... Today I went back in (hoping I had been one of the first million) and I was promptly told that "
Thanks for signing up for the OS X Beta Program.
We will email you when OS X Yosemite Beta
is available for download."

Then they shut the door in my face.

Were any of you able to get Yosemite Beta today?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I signed up soon after they opened it up to non-devs... (But I didn't download any betas at that time)... Today I went back in (hoping I had been one of the first million) and I was promptly told that "
Thanks for signing up for the OS X Beta Program.
We will email you when OS X Yosemite Beta
is available for download."

Then they shut the door in my face.

Were any of you able to get Yosemite Beta today?
I don't believe it has been sent to anyone yet. 2 of my friends signed up as well.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
According to Apple support chat on website, they say that at 8:45PM already over a million signed up and emails should have been sent out. I should have been included. I signed up not long after the website came back umm. HMM!

Edit: "Yes this is why, the developer emails were sent last night. The community beta will be following"

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I hope that I was one of the million. I signed up for the beta program 2 days ago .
According to someone that commented on a thread on another forum that I am not a part of but was reading Yosemite bugs on, they may be waiting weeks or a month or two down the road to send us community beta testers the emails.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I have to say this has been an interesting night of fixing my computer. But anyways, a lady told me when I called the developer department how to get the Yosemite beta through Appleseed.apple.com. If I remember correctly, it showed it. But NOW for me after fixing my computer, and even for my friends who didn't have to fix their computers, it shows Mavericks beta instead.

I also read a little while ago that the community beta sign ups were for the first 1 million, but it was also a lottery, meaning they will choose randomly who gets it.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I got an update for Mavericks seed 10.9.4 and was told that is good as far as getting the Yosemite beta. My system preferences - app store also shows that my computer is set to receive pre release software seed updates.