Where did my call quality go?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iLawyer

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Jersey
After buying my iPhone the day it came out and waiting 48 hours for activiation, my iPhone worked great. Call quality was good, never any problems. Now, for no apparent reason, my call quality sucks. Every call, including the ring sounds distorted. The person on the other line sounds like crap. Even the ring sounds f'ed up while I am waiting for the other person to answer. Lots of static and distortion. Almost like I broke the the ear speaker. Speaker phone sounds fine, Ipod sounds fine, but the ear speaker is acting up. Anybody else have this issue, i'm ready to throw my iPhone against the ground!

elbodude

Jun 29, 2007
After buying my iPhone the day it came out and waiting 48 hours for activiation, my iPhone worked great. Call quality was good, never any problems. Now, for no apparent reason, my call quality sucks. Every call, including the ring sounds distorted. The person on the other line sounds like crap. Even the ring sounds f'ed up while I am waiting for the other person to answer. Lots of static and distortion. Almost like I broke the the ear speaker. Speaker phone sounds fine, Ipod sounds fine, but the ear speaker is acting up. Anybody else have this issue, i'm ready to throw my iPhone against the ground!

Welcome to the new ATT.

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Have you used any headphones other than the standard ones?

I have a feeling this could be a result of a messed up headphone jack caused by using standard sized headphones.

iLawyer

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Jersey
no

I have never used any headphones. I am talking about the part where you put your ear on the phone during a call.

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Just wondering. I used headphones on my treo and because of the adapter, the jack eventually became damaged. Because of this, the auto-switch that transfered audio from the phone speaker to the headphones when something was plugged in, was stuck. Therefor I could not even use my phone without tricking it into override the switch with each and every call. Even then, the volume was much lower than normal.

I say return it and explain the situation. State that it did work well, and crapped out on you.