Where did the forum go?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I no longer see iCafe in TapaTalk and nothing shows in the iCafe app.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I am having issues with the app as well. When I open the app on my iPhone 7 (running iOS 11.2.1) the initial screen shows the rotating "Updating" indicator at the top and it never finishes. Trying to browse the forum anyway and going to Unread shows "No Topics". If I go to the website using Safari I get the initial page but the task bar at the top of the page is populated with empty squares rather than the icons that allow me to go to Inbox, Alerts etc. (Photo below) I've infrequently seen those same empty squares on other webpages. The one that's the most annoying is that I have that same empty squares issue when I use Safari to acccess the user interface for my Rune Audio setup from my iPhone 7. This started with one of the last updates of iOS 10.xx before iOS 11 was released. My older iPad that is still running iOS 9.xx is unaffected and displays those webpages normally. Curiously though, on the iPad, the iCafe app is not updating in the same manner as on the phone. Very irritating.

IMG_9079.jpg

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I'm guessing it has something to do with the language the website is assembled with. I don't know enough about the subject of website programing to be able to say. After I figured out which empty square to press to log in on the website from my iPhone I still had the empty squares issue. My old iPad has no issue with the website like my phone does. Quite aggravating. Oh well, what fun is life without a little aggravation, right??

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Does anyone know why the forum no longer works on TapaTalk and the iCafe app?

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Don't have a clue but I'm having the same issue. I'm limited to viewing on my iPhone via Safari or on my computer. The Safari viewing, on my iPhone 7, is not working properly either, the icons at the top for various functions are represented only by an empty square. I have seen this on a couple other un-related web pages also.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Apologies for the quirks. Actually did a major upgrade of the forum software and it's an entirely new template. I'll see what I can do about getting those issues sorted - I have to check with TapaTalk to see if they have begun supporting the latest version of the forum software used on eiC.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
54033E05-ADEE-4BF3-924F-B7CB2F0C0B44.png

These issues should be resolved. Let me know if you should have any further issues.
Still having issues with the empty squares in place of the various icons at the top of the page .
54033E05-ADEE-4BF3-924F-B7CB2F0C0B44.png

Jan 26, 2014
Yay.. iCafe just showed up in Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Glad to hear the app is working again for those who still have it. Unfortunately for me, I deleted the app two days too soon. Will have to learn how to use Tapatalk now as I am still having the same issues viewing the site via Safari as I described earlier. I am however, noticing the same issue with empty squares acting as placeholders for icons on one or two other sites as well. Viewing the site on my PC with Firefox is no problem. The issue started when I went to iOS11 so I’m not sure what the problem is. I still have the app working on my iPad, I wonder if I here is a way to transfer it to my iPhone 7???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Glad to hear the app is working again for those who still have it. Unfortunately for me, I deleted the app two days too soon. Will have to learn how to use Tapatalk now as I am still having the same issues viewing the site via Safari as I described earlier. I am however, noticing the same issue with empty squares acting as placeholders for icons on one or two other sites as well. Viewing the site on my PC with Firefox is no problem. The issue started when I went to iOS11 so I’m not sure what the problem is. I still have the app working on my iPad, I wonder if I here is a way to transfer it to my iPhone 7???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What issues do you have with using Tapatalk? I have the iCafe app, but use TapaTalk because I have several other forums I visit, and they're all in one place. I also prefer the dark theme option. But TapaTalk works great. It's really not that different from the iCafe app.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
No issues really, just that I’m an old fart that doesn’t like change. Never too old to learn something new I guess.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Old Fart through and through, proud of it and darn good at it!! Still only a curmudgeon in training though. LOL