Where do I find the IP address?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Tap on the Settings icon
Tap on Wi-Fi Networks
Find the active Wi-Fi network name of the wireless router your iPad is currently connected to. Tap the blue i (info) button next to the active network name.

Last edited:

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
You said tap on WiFi Networks. The iP listed there is nothing like what I get when I Google "What is my iP address".
If you have wifi turned on the address you'll see is the internal one from whatever network you're on, which is probably a private network.
If you google what's my I p address you'll get the address of the router you're attached to ( usually )
If memory serves me correctly.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Additionally, if you are on the cellular network only (Wi-Fi is off or not connected) you will get a different IP address depending which tower you are connected to at the moment. Every tower you connect to while traveling around will give you a different IP address. If you are on your home Wi-Fi network and leave home then come back later and reconnect to your home Wi-Fi network it is possible that your router will issue a different IP address than you had the last time you connected.

Last edited: