where do i go to get a response from a moderator?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i was pm'd about a warning for basically not being nice in all of my posts. not sure where in the rules it says that, but i replied to the super moderator yesterday who pm'd me originally and still have no response. i realize there is a chance they have not been on (even though i returned the pm right after i got mine) but i find that highly unlikely and feel as if i am just being ignored. if someone could point me in the right direction or if forum leaders could contact me regarding my situation i would greatly appreciate that. thanks!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I wouldn't take it personally. The site is not heavily moderated at night time, and getting PM responses can take some time. These dudes are busy.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i was pm'd about a warning for basically not being nice in all of my posts. not sure where in the rules it says that, but i replied to the super moderator yesterday who pm'd me originally and still have no response. i realize there is a chance they have not been on (even though i returned the pm right after i got mine) but i find that highly unlikely and feel as if i am just being ignored. if someone could point me in the right direction or if forum leaders could contact me regarding my situation i would greatly appreciate that. thanks!
The rules are here - pay particular attention to 2, 4, and 5. And probably 30, too. It's not a matter of being nice, per se, but of not being rude and disrespectful. Kabeyun was 100% correct in applying these rules in your situation.

Edited for j00 Dave ;)
:p

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
K's not around as much as the rest of us are ( he probably has a life ;) ), and like Dave said, the site isn't moderated much at night as we're all on the East Coast. Your actions called for moderators to step in, and K did. There's nothing wrong with that.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
so let me get this strait here...

2. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
where did i personally attack anyone, i simply asked a question if the guy knew how to speak english or type? clearly both are valid questions and are hardly a personal attack.

4. No foul langauge
what exactly is "foul langauge"? i went over my posts and i didn't see anything that i would classify as foul, but if we are going to hold some members to the standard, and not others, i'd be happy to point out many places where moderators need to enforce this rule as well. CONSISTENCY......IT'S GOLDEN!

5. You must show respect for fellow members
I can understand this rule for sure, but i don't see how asking questions (with our without sarcasm) is being disrespectful to anyone. its not like i was like "listen here you f#*$ing idiot, if you can't spell or type then GTFO NOW!" it was a simple question that for some reason i was singled out on.

30. Moderators and Administrators have the final say when it comes to closing threads, member bans and administering the rules of this forum. If you should have any questions regarding the above policies, please consult the site administrator or a moderator BEFORE posting.
Glad you guys have outlined your "Do anything you want" clause. I send a lot of people to this site because it has a lot of good info. I'm sure you could care less about one person, but if you start treating members how you want to treat them because you have given yourself the authority to do so, then eventually you are going to turn around and see a board that was once a good place, with a diminished number of quality members who have decided to go elsewhere. It isn't a threat, but merely a fact of life. Glad to see you have your little fanboy following as well!

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
I have received a warning before and I didn't think I said anything bad but hey it's just a warning and it actally doesn't mean anything. It's like a warning for speeding means nothing. So if you can't let it go then I guess it you that can't take a warning as a simple guidline. I suggest you take your heart off of your sleeve.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
lol you clearly don't understand, its the principle here chief. moderators are supposed to keep the board clean of clutter, spam, and maintain order with regards to posting in the correct sections. i am pretty sure we don't need them as babysitters or dictators. if i post something in a thread that isn't all peachy, i shouldn't have to be warned into doing so. i help where i can, offer my opinion when it offers something to the conversation, and post in the right sections. moderators should not be policing every damn post to make sure i am in agreement or being nice to everyone, we aren't in elementary school anymore.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Edit: I think I just found the post that this all started over. I do have to admit that there is a lot worse things I have seen. With that said it might have been a case where the mods were in the right place at the right time. Sweet I've got chief status ;)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The response that the warning was given for has been deleted. It did not technically cross the lines of the TOS, thereforee no infraction was given for it - only a warning. Kabeyun only warned the member in question so that it wouldn't go so far as to cross the line.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
freakydeaky dutch bastard gets 10 points for the name.
continue on.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i guess some people don't understand that this is a privately-owned place of businesss, and the owner(s) can run it however they choose. It's in their best interest to not have people acting like *******.

What do you think would happen if you started mouthing off to random people in a grocery store, and a manager overheard? They would (politely) ask you to shut the hell up.

NOT a difficult concept.

pjw

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
i guess some people don't understand that this is a privately-owned place of businesss, and the owner(s) can run it however they choose. It's in their best interest to not have people acting like *******.

What do you think would happen if you started mouthing off to random people in a grocery store, and a manager overheard? They would (politely) ask you to shut the hell up.

NOT a difficult concept.
so did you get a warning for saying *******?