Where do my downloads go?

1. jbw52

jbw52 New Member

I am planning on getting a new iPhone in September as a birthday gift from my wife. So today I purchased Documents to Go from the app store to take advantage of the $4.99 introductory price. Well I saw that it downloaded it, but where on my PC did it go?

Sorry for the dumb question.

2. Europa

Europa Genius Senior Moderator

It's in your iTunes library. Even if you get a new computer, you can download it again for free. iTunes has the apps that you buy saved under your Apple account. When you get your phone, syncing it with iTunes will add it to the phone or you can just directly download it onto the phone. After clicking, buy now, it will say you have already purchased it and won't be charged again.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Marianne

Marianne Zealot Moderator

In iTunes, you should now have an Applications entry in the Library Source list on the left - this is where you can see all of the apps you have downloaded from the App Store. Technically, it's stored in your iTunes Music folder on your PC. I have a Mac and I'm guessing the file structure is different than it is in Windows when it comes to how iTunes handles this, but I have a Mobile Applications in my Music folder where all my apps are.

Don't move the apps around on your hard drive or anything - all installation and upgrading is done through iTunes automatically and moving apps will only confuse it.

5. jbw52

jbw52 New Member

Thanks. It didn't show up in the iTunes library right away, but I see it now. I guess it pays to be patient.

BTW, that was a super fast reply from you guys. This is a great forum!

6. steve_harmison4

steve_harmison4 New Member

All the downloads go in your iTunes library.Always keep iTunes upto date as it is free.I also has the applications that you buy which is saved under your Apple account.