Where do you get your movies and videos for iPhone?

Remain Nameless

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Hey all!

I thought it would be a good idea to compile a list, or at least start this thread where people can pool their resources for getting videos off the net.

Maybe members on this board could trade or swap videos, or at least point people in the right direction.

From my short experience I've had a friend put a couple movies on my iPhone that were only 300-400 MBs and were quite clear quality (which is a fraction of the size elsewhere).

Anyway, just an idea...

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
You are talking about legal videos right ;)? I have a bunch of TV shows, full length movies, and small clips loaded on my phone and it really depends on the quality at which you can encode.

I have 1.7gigs of videos and they include:

2 Ali G shows (40 minutes each)
2 seinfeld shows (20 minutes each)
1 full length movie
1 small clip (10 seconds)
2 podcasts (9 minutes each)

Pretty good IMO

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Hey all!

I thought it would be a good idea to compile a list, or at least start this thread where people can pool their resources for getting videos off the net.

Maybe members on this board could trade or swap videos, or at least point people in the right direction.

From my short experience I've had a friend put a couple movies on my iPhone that were only 300-400 MBs and were quite clear quality (which is a fraction of the size elsewhere).

Anyway, just an idea...

Nobody reveal any of your sources to any one....these are undercover agents.

On another note, i have had some trouble synching "certain" movies on my iPhone

Remain Nameless

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Nobody reveal any of your sources to any one....these are undercover agents.

On another note, i have had some trouble synching "certain" movies on my iPhone
yes, I'm a total undercover agent. That's why if you look at my profile, when I joined, my number of posts, etc. you can see it's all been part of an elaborate hoax to "con" a few iPhone users. Nice. Rock on Sherlock...

Funny, how everyone just complains about their problems about their iPhone and whines about it now that they have them, and no one is trying to contribute or share cool stuff about them... oh well

Remain Nameless

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Man, what happened?
2-3 months ago it was a tight-knit group on this board and everyone was friendly. Now everyone's just complaining and harshing the mellow...

ANYWAYS, to elaborate, there are other sites besides iTunes where you can find cool movies and music and PAY for them, but let's just play 'holier than thou' and jump all over me for trying to generate some discussion/ideas...

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Funny, how everyone just complains about their problems about their iPhone and whines about it now that they have them, and no one is trying to contribute or share cool stuff about them... oh well
While piracy might be cool to you, to many of us it's not. I highly suspect the ownership of this forum would immediately delete this thread if people started posting links to illegal videos. Since their butts would be on the line legally, I doubt they would see the "coolness" either.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Man, what happened?
2-3 months ago it was a tight-knit group on this board and everyone was friendly. Now everyone's just complaining and harshing the mellow...

ANYWAYS, to elaborate, there are other sites besides iTunes where you can find cool movies and music and PAY for them, but let's just play 'holier than thou' and jump all over me for trying to generate some discussion/ideas...
Really, then this was a misprint?

You do know that I can't buy a movie then legally give you a copy, right?

Remain Nameless

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Really, then this was a misprint?

You do know that I can't buy a movie then legally give you a copy, right?
Alright, since this is way off the intention I originally had I'll gracefully bow out... I never said anything about pirating or it being cool at all (thanks for putting those words in my mouth). There are FREE movies out there you can grab, do some research (and these we could link to, share, etc.)

To reiterate my earlier point: this board was thriving on excitement and enthusiasm long before the iPhone was released, now everyone is just complaining about their iPhone, whining about other phones and killing the fun.

So much for trying to generate some discussion/ideas... Done. You win.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Alright, since this is way off the intention I originally had I'll gracefully bow out... I never said anything about pirating or it being cool at all (thanks for putting those words in my mouth). There are FREE movies out there you can grab, do some research (and these we could link to, share, etc.)

To reiterate my earlier point: this board was thriving on excitement and enthusiasm long before the iPhone was released, now everyone is just complaining about their iPhone, whining about other phones and killing the fun.

So much for trying to generate some discussion/ideas... Done. You win.
You did say "you can find cool movies and music", that's where I keyed in on "cool". Regardless, it's not about win or lose, I just don't think discussing piracy is a good thing for this forum. You did imply it, perhaps unknowingly, and that's fine. You're saying you're not telling people to pirate and I'll take that at face value. I'm not trying to pick a fight with ya dude.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Remain Nameless listen its illegal to share videos downloaded don't bother starting and no1 else will start .. these boards are iPhone boards not warez forums ok..

Jul 10, 2007
Seriously guys...give the OP a break. I too have been looking for legit sites to download free video content since I realized even iTunes has free TV and other video content. I downloaded as much as I could. Last time I checked iTunes was a legal download site.

So the question remains, are there other sites ("cool" even) that do the same?

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Seriously guys...give the OP a break. I too have been looking for legit sites to download free video content since I realized even iTunes has free TV and other video content. I downloaded as much as I could. Last time I checked iTunes was a legal download site.

So the question remains, are there other sites ("cool" even) that do the same?

It is my view that if you cannot find these resources through your own research, you are not L33t enough to use them:sick::sick::sick:

on another note, why does this fellow who remains nameless keep saying "we are complaining" and "harshening the mellow"......what the frack does that mean?