Where do you put your phone when you're driving?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fayewolf

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
When i had my other cell phones, I just leave them on the passenger seat, if i have to break, the phone may fall off and go straight to the floor....now I am a lot more paranoid with my Apple products... do you have a thing to put the ipod in when you're driving? If i put it in my purse, i will NOT hear it ring because i blast my ipod fairly loud...

Looking for suggestions ! Thanks!

Nikos

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Long Island, NY
www.nikostoscani.com
Last edited by a moderator:

Fayewolf

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Check this out. I've really been enjoying the unit since I picked it up :)

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...ex-when-used-with-the-iphone-with-pics.12095/

Regarding not being able to hear it ring, when you receive a phone call the music will fade out and your ringtone will fade in if you're using the iPhones headphone jack to output to your car stereo.
Oh, I use my ipod for the music, it's so loud that I can't hear my iPhone ring!
I tried to use the headphone jack to output to my stereo, but i'm not sure if i need an adaptor, it works for my ipod, but doesn't play through my stereo with my iPhone...

SaNChEz

Sep 10, 2007
Personally, I put the iPhone in my cupholder, with the speakers facing up so I can more clearly hear the ring. Seems to work just fine! Hasn't fallen out yet!

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i have a proclip mount on my dashboard. i posted pics of the proclip holder for my last phone here in another forum, but the concept is the same - i now have a holder specific to the iPhone that holds it perfectly. it's in the perfect spot for me to see the screen when i get a call, it's out of the way of everything so it won't get squished, and it doesn't go anywhere when i brake or accelerate hard. perfect!

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
i put mine in that little handle on the door........

as for you that likes loud music... i don't know... put it on your lap and on vibrate..
I do that also when I'm not using it. When I'm using it, I sit on it a little bit.

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
On my dash! Still using the infamous Incase rubber case, does not slide one bit. Still haven't found a car dock I really like yet. Want a Denison, but can't seem to find one anywhere.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
in the butt... Lol jk but when i had a licence and a car i always had another clip and kept my phone on my visor so i had easy access to it and it was out of the way

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
In the butt...talk about iPhuc...ha ha.

I have one of those iPod jelly things that you put on your dashboard. The phone doesn't slide a bit.

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
I put mine under my parking break. I have a VW and there's a perfect little concave area right under my parking brake. It's easy to get to and never falls on the floor.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I keep my iPhone in my pocket. When my phone rings, the bluetooth connection in my car turns the music down and I can speak to whomever via me car system. I can also dial out via my car system and never have to touch the phone. I can also see the address book, signal level and battery indicator via my car's LCD screen.

Unprecedented.

Fayewolf

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
I keep my iPhone in my pocket. When my phone rings, the bluetooth connection in my car turns the music down and I can speak to whomever via me car system. I can also dial out via my car system and never have to touch the phone. I can also see the address book, signal level and battery indicator via my car's LCD screen.

Unprecedented.
Wow, what a system! Wish mine comes with that!

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
center console

i put my iPhone in my center console on one of those rubber no-slide mats and i don't have a problem. i have the phone hooked into my BT system in my car and it lowers the radio when a call comes in and i can answer and make calls without touching the phone.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I definitely keep mine right between my legs, slightly sitting on it. I definitely don't miss a call that way.
this is exactly what i do. i usually don't hear because i have the music way too loud but i definitely do feel it.

also sometimes if i get in my car after class, i'll leave my earbuds in so i can take calls handsfree, making it a lot easier to drive.

tonyj81

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
VA Beach
keep mine on my hip in its holster it rings and vibrates so i know when i have a call. then to take the calls i have my Apple bluetooth headset for when im driving. please don't flame me for have the Apple bluetooth, i know lots hate it but maybe im lucky cause mine is great and no problems yet....