Where do you put your phone when you're driving?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Fayewolf, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Fayewolf

Fayewolf Member
    Bronze

When i had my other cell phones, I just leave them on the passenger seat, if i have to break, the phone may fall off and go straight to the floor....now I am a lot more paranoid with my Apple products... do you have a thing to put the ipod in when you're driving? If i put it in my purse, i will NOT hear it ring because i blast my ipod fairly loud...

Looking for suggestions ! Thanks!

2. Nikos

Nikos New Member
    Bronze

#2 Nikos, Oct 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2013
  3. Fayewolf

Fayewolf Member
    Bronze

Oh, I use my ipod for the music, it's so loud that I can't hear my iPhone ring!
    I tried to use the headphone jack to output to my stereo, but i'm not sure if i need an adaptor, it works for my ipod, but doesn't play through my stereo with my iPhone...

#3 Fayewolf, Oct 16, 2007
  4. SaNChEz

SaNChEz New Member

Personally, I put the iPhone in my cupholder, with the speakers facing up so I can more clearly hear the ring. Seems to work just fine! Hasn't fallen out yet!

5. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

if it is not in my pocket, i sit on it.

seriously.

6. jjvaldez

jjvaldez New Member
    Gold

i put mine in that little handle on the door........

as for you that likes loud music... i don't know... put it on your lap and on vibrate..

7. CarbonFly

CarbonFly New Member
    Bronze

I just bought this.... "SM223 : Cup Holder Cell Phone Mount" from http://arkon.com/phonemount.php

I will let you know what I think of it when it arrives.

8. Marianne

Marianne Zealot

i have a proclip mount on my dashboard. i posted pics of the proclip holder for my last phone here in another forum, but the concept is the same - i now have a holder specific to the iPhone that holds it perfectly. it's in the perfect spot for me to see the screen when i get a call, it's out of the way of everything so it won't get squished, and it doesn't go anywhere when i brake or accelerate hard. perfect!

#8 Marianne, Oct 16, 2007
  9. jUeLz23

jUeLz23 Member
    Bronze

I do that also when I'm not using it. When I'm using it, I sit on it a little bit.

#9 jUeLz23, Oct 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
  10. mittenman

mittenman Member
    Silver

On my dash! Still using the infamous Incase rubber case, does not slide one bit. Still haven't found a car dock I really like yet. Want a Denison, but can't seem to find one anywhere.

11. skiz420

skiz420 New Member
    Bronze

in the butt... Lol jk but when i had a licence and a car i always had another clip and kept my phone on my visor so i had easy access to it and it was out of the way

12. musicmanmu

musicmanmu Member
    Bronze

In the butt...talk about iPhuc...ha ha.

I have one of those iPod jelly things that you put on your dashboard. The phone doesn't slide a bit.

13. section8joe

section8joe New Member
    Bronze

I put mine under my parking break. I have a VW and there's a perfect little concave area right under my parking brake. It's easy to get to and never falls on the floor.

14. Youngbinks

Youngbinks Zealot
    Gold

I definitely keep mine right between my legs, slightly sitting on it. I definitely don't miss a call that way.

15. ravman

ravman Zealot
    Gold

I keep my iPhone in my pocket. When my phone rings, the bluetooth connection in my car turns the music down and I can speak to whomever via me car system. I can also dial out via my car system and never have to touch the phone. I can also see the address book, signal level and battery indicator via my car's LCD screen.

Unprecedented.

16. Fayewolf

Fayewolf Member
    Bronze

Wow, what a system! Wish mine comes with that!

17. volcomguysd

volcomguysd New Member
    Bronze

I use the incase protective cover on my phone, so I don't have any issues.

The rubber provides a good grip and I just set it on top of my leg and can feel it vibrate when someone calls. It doesn't move AT ALL when I drive, and I drive like a maniac!

May even be a good investment if only used while you drive....

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/protective-cover-cl59030

18. guest 5

guest 5 Member
    Bronze

center console

i put my iPhone in my center console on one of those rubber no-slide mats and i don't have a problem. i have the phone hooked into my BT system in my car and it lowers the radio when a call comes in and i can answer and make calls without touching the phone.

19. iamtko

iamtko Zealot
    Gold

this is exactly what i do. i usually don't hear because i have the music way too loud but i definitely do feel it.

also sometimes if i get in my car after class, i'll leave my earbuds in so i can take calls handsfree, making it a lot easier to drive.

20. tonyj81

tonyj81 Member
    Bronze

keep mine on my hip in its holster it rings and vibrates so i know when i have a call. then to take the calls i have my Apple bluetooth headset for when im driving. please don't flame me for have the Apple bluetooth, i know lots hate it but maybe im lucky cause mine is great and no problems yet....