Where does iPhone photos store on hard drive?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by b3n84, Nov 28, 2007.

1. b3n84

b3n84 New Member

This may be a stupid question, but where does the iPhone store your the pictures that you take with your phone on your computer? I looked under the my music folders and it wasn't there. Thanks!

2. meiphones_brill

meiphones_brill New Member
    Silver

/private/var/root/Media/DCIM/100APPLE

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. b3n84

b3n84 New Member

I'm assuming thats the directory on the iPhone. Can I access that even though my iPhone isn't jailbroken? Do the photos not sync to your computer?

5. Griffinaz

Griffinaz Zealot
    Gold

If you are on a Windows computer once you connect your phone to the usb cable it will create a "drive" in "My computer" which you can then open (just like you do your C drive) and your images will be right there. You can then copy them to your computer.

6. meiphones_brill

meiphones_brill New Member
    Silver

Sorry - developer's habit - yes, Griffinaz's solution is far more sensible than mine!

7. Griffinaz

Griffinaz Zealot
    Gold

Your answer was 100% correct as well. Since the majority of the readers on the forum have jailbroken phones your providing the folder on the phone would have been a perfect answer for most.

8. iDom

iDom New Member

Directory path to non-Camera Roll photos?

Ok, so does anyone know the directory path where the iPhone stores the sync'd photos that are NOT in the Camera Roll.

Reason I ask is I've recently started using Cydia's File2Mail, so now I can email multiple docs in the same email. Yesterday I attached & successfuly sent a Word & Excel file in the same email. I had these files already stored in my TextGuru folder and found the directory path through MobileFinder, so I now know where to point File2Mail in the future to attach TextGuru notes and other MS Office files stored.

Unfortunately, I can only find Camera Roll photos at /var/mobile/media/DCIM/etc., but I have hundreds of other photos sync'd which I'd like to send more than one per email whenever I need to.

Anyone found this directory path to non-Camera Roll photos?

9. raziiq

raziiq New Member

Even i m looking for this path?

10. risraelkloss

risraelkloss New Member

the actual location of photos in iPhone OS v. 3.1.2 is /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE

11. terabytespekan

terabytespekan New Member

OS v. 4.1 is /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE

12. dab4

dab4 New Member

Back to the original question . . .

Does anybody know where the iPhone photos are stored on my computer?

I found the path on my XP machine, but now I'm using Window 7. I'm having no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks

13. dab4

dab4 New Member

Can anybody tell me where the iPhone photos are stored on my computer? I found the path for my XP machine, but now I'm using Windows 7. I'm not having any luck.

Thanks

14. dab4

dab4 New Member

Can anybody tell me where the iPhone photos are stored on my computer? I found the path for my XP machine, but now I'm using Windows 7. I'm not having any luck.

Thanks

15. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

When you plug your phone in it should pop up a window. / box asking what you would like to do.
    If you select open folder to view, or something like that, you should be able to get to the photos. Even if it doesn't ask, with it plugged in go to Computer, and the phone should be listed as a removable device. A few clicks and you will see your photos.
    Copy and padre to where ever you like

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

16. dab4

dab4 New Member

Thank you. Now I can at least get to the photos even if I don't know where the computer secretly hides them. Happy New Year.
    - Doug

17. colleenc90

colleenc90 Guest

/private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE this one works with me too. have you tried that?