Where does iPhone photos store on hard drive?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

b3n84

Nov 5, 2007
This may be a stupid question, but where does the iPhone store your the pictures that you take with your phone on your computer? I looked under the my music folders and it wasn't there. Thanks!

b3n84

Nov 5, 2007
I'm assuming thats the directory on the iPhone. Can I access that even though my iPhone isn't jailbroken? Do the photos not sync to your computer?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm assuming thats the directory on the iPhone. Can I access that even though my iPhone isn't jailbroken? Do the photos not sync to your computer?
If you are on a Windows computer once you connect your phone to the usb cable it will create a "drive" in "My computer" which you can then open (just like you do your C drive) and your images will be right there. You can then copy them to your computer.

iDom

Feb 23, 2009
Directory path to non-Camera Roll photos?

Ok, so does anyone know the directory path where the iPhone stores the sync'd photos that are NOT in the Camera Roll.

Reason I ask is I've recently started using Cydia's File2Mail, so now I can email multiple docs in the same email. Yesterday I attached & successfuly sent a Word & Excel file in the same email. I had these files already stored in my TextGuru folder and found the directory path through MobileFinder, so I now know where to point File2Mail in the future to attach TextGuru notes and other MS Office files stored.

Unfortunately, I can only find Camera Roll photos at /var/mobile/media/DCIM/etc., but I have hundreds of other photos sync'd which I'd like to send more than one per email whenever I need to.

Anyone found this directory path to non-Camera Roll photos?

raziiq

Jan 27, 2009
Ok, so does anyone know the directory path where the iPhone stores the sync'd photos that are NOT in the Camera Roll.

Reason I ask is I've recently started using Cydia's File2Mail, so now I can email multiple docs in the same email. Yesterday I attached & successfuly sent a Word & Excel file in the same email. I had these files already stored in my TextGuru folder and found the directory path through MobileFinder, so I now know where to point File2Mail in the future to attach TextGuru notes and other MS Office files stored.

Unfortunately, I can only find Camera Roll photos at /var/mobile/media/DCIM/etc., but I have hundreds of other photos sync'd which I'd like to send more than one per email whenever I need to.

Anyone found this directory path to non-Camera Roll photos?
Even i m looking for this path?

dab4

Dec 31, 2010
Back to the original question . . .

Does anybody know where the iPhone photos are stored on my computer?

I found the path on my XP machine, but now I'm using Window 7. I'm having no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks

dab4

Dec 31, 2010

Can anybody tell me where the iPhone photos are stored on my computer? I found the path for my XP machine, but now I'm using Windows 7. I'm not having any luck.

Thanks

dab4

Dec 31, 2010

Can anybody tell me where the iPhone photos are stored on my computer? I found the path for my XP machine, but now I'm using Windows 7. I'm not having any luck.

Thanks

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida

Thanks
When you plug your phone in it should pop up a window. / box asking what you would like to do.
If you select open folder to view, or something like that, you should be able to get to the photos. Even if it doesn't ask, with it plugged in go to Computer, and the phone should be listed as a removable device. A few clicks and you will see your photos.
Copy and padre to where ever you like

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

dab4

Dec 31, 2010
Thank you. Now I can at least get to the photos even if I don't know where the computer secretly hides them. Happy New Year.
- Doug

C

colleenc90

/private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE this one works with me too. have you tried that?