Where does iTunes store my Contacts backup?

Boatski

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
I've been searching to try and find the location of the contacts that iTunes backs up when you sync your iPhone.

I sold my iPhone for the new one, trying to find the location where the backup file of the contacts are located so I can get all my phone numbers back.

C:\Users\Boatski\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\f5d01b16d16ffeceeb399ab593a80a953776d068

that is what I found, but its all a bunch mumbo jumbo that I can't read.

Is there anyway to find these old phone numbers I had?

I looked into Windows Contacts in Vista but they weren't there.

Diablo25

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
PA
I've been searching to try and find the location of the contacts that iTunes backs up when you sync your iPhone.

I sold my iPhone for the new one, trying to find the location where the backup file of the contacts are located so I can get all my phone numbers back.

C:\Users\Boatski\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\f5d01b16d16ffeceeb399ab593a80a953776d068

that is what I found, but its all a bunch mumbo jumbo that I can't read.

Is there anyway to find these old phone numbers I had?

I looked into Windows Contacts in Vista but they weren't there.
It depends what calendar/email client you are using. Are you using Microsoft Office Outlook? That is what I use. All my contacts are stored there. Your new iPhone should find them no problem.

Boatski

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
I don't have a new iPhone as it's not released yet lol. I want to find them to put in my current Razr until I get the new one.

I've looked in Windows Mail and Windows Contacts and cannot find them.

Boatski

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
I don't believe Vista has outlook, it's called Windows Mail

Boatski

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
No, I didn't change anything. I haven't seen anything dealing with outlook in Vista Ultimate it just says Windows Mail, which uses Windows Contacts

rmfnla

Bronze
As I mentioned, iTunes defauts to Outlook for contact sysnc (at least mine did).

You can change this to Windows Contacts by clicking the Info tab at the to and going to the dropdown menu next to the Sync contacts with selection box.

Hope this helps.

Boatski

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Lol, I don't think you guys are reading my whole post.

I don't have the iPhone anymore, I'm using a Razr.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta

If you didn't change the box from "Outlook" to "Windows Contacts" when you had the iPhone - it's likely they didn't back up. :sick:

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
windows actually doesn't come with microsoft office (i know its probably the most...nevermind)

anywho whatever client u were using to sync your contacts to the phone will still have them stored there

for example, i use yahoo to sync my contacts and they still remain on my yahoo account

rmfnla

Bronze

I don't see any mention of a Razr...