Where does iTunes store my iPhone backup file?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by panda, Aug 18, 2009.

1. panda

panda Member

Can anyone tell me where in my laptop iTunes stores the backup file for my iPhone? Can that file be used to replace another iPhone backup? I've just re-redsn0wed my phone (after Restore) and it's becoming hugely frustrating trying to remember all my settings info (plus, I'm fundamentally lazy, I guess) so I'm hoping to use the old file to simply apply to the re-redsn0wed phone.
    I use 2g iPhone on 3.0.1 syncing on MacBook Pro on OS 10.5.8
    Many thanks.
  2. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot

Try here:
    ~Library/Applications Support/MobileSync/Backup
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. panda

panda Member

Great thank you.
  5. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot

What about on a VISTA laptop?

So what am I am backing up when I back up C:\users\carlos\music\itunes ????

Since I lost my laptop due to a hard drive crash last month I'm a little paranoid about backing up everything so it doesn't happen again or when it does I'll have my data current.

Here's a worst case scenario : I drop and destroy my iPhone because I get so upset when I find out my laptop was stolen.

What files or programs do I need to have a backup of so I can go buy another WINDOWS VISTA laptop, install iTunes, get a new iPhone and get everything back to how I had it before the disastrous day?
  6. MileHighRob

MileHighRob Zealot

Aero, on Vista try here:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

AppData is a hidden folder by default. You may have to make hidden folders visible first, if you haven't already done so.
  7. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot

Got it, thanks!
  8. Silvertiger

Silvertiger New Member

Is it possible to migrate a backup to another computer?

My laptop is dying, and i'd like to move the backup to my desktop so i can restore my phone if necessary.. I did find the backup folders on the laptop, but they seem unique (folder names are very long and alphanumeric) .. can i just do a direct copy over into the same folder on the desktop and have them work?

any pointers would be apprecaited.

Thanks

Silver Tiger
  9. KKBarnett

KKBarnett New Member

So now that you know where to find the backed up files, How do you update your iphone if itunes doesn't give you that option. Please please please help me!
  10. catlovesyou

catlovesyou New Member

how do you find the backup file on a hp laptop
  11. chris

chris Administrator

Have you tried this, which was recommended above?

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
  12. Sravani Mamuduru

Sravani Mamuduru New Member

What about the PC with XP OS ? Where can I find the back up files... I tried the above "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup", but it is not working... Please help me out in this?