Where does PC store photos imported from Camera Roll?

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
Does anyone know where the iPhone saves the camera roll pics to a PC? I want to be able to save and backup some of the pics that I take with my iPhone but I don't see where they are stored on iTunes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
They do not save in a "folder" on PC. They only to get the pcitures to your computer if you are not jailbroke is to email them to yourself then save them in an "iPhone Camera Roll" Album or something.

morth58

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
it must be different for pc users, when i plug in my iPhone it automatically sees it first as a iPhone camera and saves all photos from camera roll into "my Pictures" folder

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
ahh! I have a Mac, but whenever I am on campus (PC's) and plug it in it did that, but i thought that was because my iPhone was not authorized on that computer.

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
Can another PC user confirm they are not able to save their camera roll pictures to their PC?

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
Can another PC user confirm they are not able to save their camera roll pictures to their PC?
You can absolutely save your pictures to your pc. When you connect to your computer you should get a pop-up recognizing the hardware and asking what you want to do.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Why don't Macs do this? WTF I hate Apple, jk i loooove Apple

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Does anyone know where the iPhone saves the camera roll pics to a PC? I want to be able to save and backup some of the pics that I take with my iPhone but I don't see where they are stored on iTunes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Under your default programs, make sure your autoplay is set to import pictures for the device: iPhone, and it sould store them in your picture folder, if it dosent change location when the import pics box comes up

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
When you connect your iPhone to the PC, your PC should recognize the iPhone as a camera. This is what happens for me. I open it up with my photo shop program and then copy the pics from the camera roll to a folder on my computer.

streborhcaz

Bronze
Nov 16, 2007
Once your PC recognizes your iPhone, go to My Computer and Apple iPhone should be listed there. Double click this and you can take pics off of your phone. Easy as that.

Last edited by a moderator:

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
I personally use Googles Picasa to port all my pictures from iPhone to PC. Its a great photo app for the PC. Also has ability to upload photos to a web album to share. You can also use it to order photos from many places like Walgreen.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Why don't Macs do this? WTF I hate Apple, jk i loooove Apple
Iphoto should open when you connect your phone to the mac.
If it doesn't, go to preferences in iphoto. In the general tab you will see "connecting camera opens". Choose iphoto and you will be set.