Where is my Vaja Case?

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
Ok... we hit day 25, and I need my dang case! :)

Where is it?

How long did your Vaja orders REALLY take?

Thanks!

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
I was going to post this on a separate thread but here is good....

Not to burst your bubble...... my production time will be 49 days when the case finally arrives on Monday....read on....

I ordered by Case Dec 26th. At that time it said 25 days to deliver. I emailed them 3 weeks in and asked if the case was on schedule for delivery.

I got a response that basically said...."Our production time is 25 days". I replied thanking them for the info but asking that they answer my actual question. I got no response.

At 26 days I emailed them to say they missed the delivery time and that I wanted an updated. That started a email exchange where I would ask a question: "Where are we in the process Week1,2,3,4,5" and they would send me useless responses.

Finally, they admitted that they were behind, but again did not say how far or when I would see the case. Pressing them I finally got assurances that the case would ship on Feb 4. That date came and went.

The case finally shipped on Feb 7th and will be delivered on the 11th.

That is a total of 49 days for something sold with a 25 day turn-around.

Before you order a vaja case, ask them how long it will be as I suspect the delivery time is increasing.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Not to burst your bubble ZZ, but production means how long it takes to make the case; not how long it will take them to send it you. I've known several people that have waited for what seems like forever to get their cases from Vaja.

Its my understanding though that the wait is worth it.

Lets us know what you think of your case when you get it.

I was going to post this on a separate thread but here is good....

Not to burst your bubble...... my production time will be 49 days when the case finally arrives on Monday....read on....

I ordered by Case Dec 26th. At that time it said 25 days to deliver. I emailed them 3 weeks in and asked if the case was on schedule for delivery.

I got a response that basically said...."Our production time is 25 days". I replied thanking them for the info but asking that they answer my actual question. I got no response.

At 26 days I emailed them to say they missed the delivery time and that I wanted an updated. That started a email exchange where I would ask a question: "Where are we in the process Week1,2,3,4,5" and they would send me useless responses.

Finally, they admitted that they were behind, but again did not say how far or when I would see the case. Pressing them I finally got assurances that the case would ship on Feb 4. That date came and went.

The case finally shipped on Feb 7th and will be delivered on the 11th.

That is a total of 49 days for something sold with a 25 day turn-around.

Before you order a vaja case, ask them how long it will be as I suspect the delivery time is increasing.

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
scandalex, I am not sure I understand the purpose of your clarification.

When I ordered the site said 25 days to produce

Even if you leave off the 4 days shipping thats still 45 days to produce.

20 days over the 25 days originally quoted. Almost twice as long. Its just a case for gosh sake.

Now I have no issue with things taking longer, but the company needs to be proactive is notifying me that there is a delay.

Even at the time I ordered they knew there was going to be a delay. They said nothing and did not even start my case for 20 days past when they were suppose to start it (as confirmed by them).

In fact they told me specifically that they could not keep up with the demand (i.e., not enough artisans to do the work). Yet the site, even today, says 30 days handcraft process (up from 25 but not 45).

They should have accurate times at their site. My post just serves to let other folks know that their delivery times will likely be much longer that what is posted at the site.

I will post pictures when I get it and let folks know if it was really worth the wait (and the price)......

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
ZZ, thanks for the reply! Which case/color did you get? I ordered a iVolution Top in solide dark blue. I sure hope the wait is worth it!

I wish they would be at least close to their posted production times! Sounds like i am in for a longer wait yet! Ouch.....

Post pics when you get it and a review!

Thanks!

Jon

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I understood what you meant ZZ. This has been one of Vajas main problems for as long as I can remember; its takes forever for them to make the case and get it out to the customer. One would think that after all the time they've been making cases, they'd do something to improve their turn-around time.

It seems that the 40+ days is standard.

scandalex, I am not sure I understand the purpose of your clarification.

When I ordered the site said 25 days to produce

Even if you leave off the 4 days shipping thats still 45 days to produce.

20 days over the 25 days originally quoted. Almost twice as long. Its just a case for gosh sake.

Now I have no issue with things taking longer, but the company needs to be proactive is notifying me that there is a delay.

Even at the time I ordered they knew there was going to be a delay. They said nothing and did not even start my case for 20 days past when they were suppose to start it (as confirmed by them).

In fact they told me specifically that they could not keep up with the demand (i.e., not enough artisans to do the work). Yet the site, even today, says 30 days handcraft process (up from 25 but not 45).

They should have accurate times at their site. My post just serves to let other folks know that their delivery times will likely be much longer that what is posted at the site.

I will post pictures when I get it and let folks know if it was really worth the wait (and the price)......

CarbonFly

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
Columbia, SC
I made an order on December 31st. Just last week I emailed them and they said my case was in the final stage of production.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i have 2 custom vaja cases for my iPhone and i received both within 25 days of ordering them. but, i ordered them well before the peak holiday season - june and august.

i'm sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble with vaja. if it's any consolation, i love their cases and they are worth the price, imho...

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
i have 2 custom vaja cases for my iPhone and i received both within 25 days of ordering them. but, i ordered them well before the peak holiday season - june and august.

i'm sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble with vaja. if it's any consolation, i love their cases and they are worth the price, imho...
I ordered it after reading your reviews! So.... I hope it's worth the wait!

:laugh2:

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
When I was told I was in the final stage of production, it was 20 days till they shipped it.

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
what pressure! :eek: ;)

which one did you order in what color? i think i'm going to give in and order another one soon - the i-volution top visor, this time without a belt clip.
I went for the iVolution Top in Dark Blue... hope it's as sweet as it looks online..

Thanks for the reviews by the way! But... now i will have to get one for the wife. She wants RED. :cool:

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I went for the iVolution Top in Dark Blue... hope it's as sweet as it looks online..

Thanks for the reviews by the way! But... now i will have to get one for the wife. She wants RED. :cool:
nice choice! and you're welcome (though i'm sorry about how much you'll have to spend to get your wife one too ;) )!

CarbonFly

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
Columbia, SC
My case shipped today! and it is supposed to be here by 2/15. That's amazingly fast shipping!

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
My case shipped today! and it is supposed to be here by 2/15. That's amazingly fast shipping!
Keep us posted and lets hear a report when it arrives.. and pics! :)

Mine should be about 1-2 weeks behind yours.

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
Mine left Buenos Aires on 2/7
Arrived in Puerto Rico on 2/10
Arrived in Memphis TN on 02/11
Cleared customs and was delivered by 10:30 on 2/12