Where is the best place to buy the mobileme...

terrapin

Bronze
Aug 3, 2009
Chicago
subscription? I paid $99 but Apple said they will cancel the account, refund the $99, andI can buy it elsewhere...

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I always buy my Mobile Me renewels via amazon.com ... Normally pick them up for $60 ... I have never had a issue buying them from Amazon ..

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I always buy my Mobile Me renewels via amazon.com ... Normally pick them up for $60 ... I have never had a issue buying them from Amazon ..
That's what I do as well. Occasionally I'll find a better deal from someone selling a code in a Mac forum, but usually it's Amazon.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Like everyone said, Amazon. But, be careful about the 'family packs'.

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
yes be careful about the family packs. I bought a one year subscription from a guy on ebay back in june and two days ago my account was deactivated. If I didn't have backups of my contacts and calendars on my PC, I would have lost it all. The guy wont respond to my emails. I'm pissed. Learned my lesson. Besides, gmail gives me the same features I wanted from mobile me and its free.

applejosh

Bronze
Oct 15, 2009
Amazon had a MobileMe pack (new '09 version) through a storefront for $64 yesterday. Amazon direct was $70.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Besides, gmail gives me the same features I wanted from mobile me and its free.
Not necessarily, but it is close enough.

I would go for amazon, OR if you ever get a mac it is $30 off at the Apple store with purchase. That ALWAYS works.

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
I've had luck two years in a row purchasing it on eBay. It was very inexpensive. Almost half of what Apple charges. I know there are free alternative but I really like the features of MobilMe. To spend an average of $50 a year in my mind it's a bargain.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Hmm. I've never heard of the "family pack" scam. Good to know. I think I'll stick with buying from Apple. They had a $70 offer with purchase of the 3GS last year. I had ordered my iPhone online 3 weeks prior and just had to show them my shipping email. Hopefully they'll have the same offer this year.