Where is the restore button located in iTunes?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
Hey,

No not yet. Isn't getting ibrickr to do its thing the first step? Atm it still says "Activate iPhone connect to iTunes".

Cheers.
you have to unlock it first to get your phone activated.:laugh2:
by the way which firmware are u using? 1.1.1? or 1.0.2?

ifusion

Oct 9, 2007
Im trying to unlock it but you need to use ibrickr to free it (Thats what im trying to do, im not sure what firmware i have on the iPhone atm.) Then you need to upload anysim for example to unlock it, don't you?

I should also tell you, im wanting to restore my iPhone to 1.02 because ibrickr shows the following message.

"Looks like you need to download the iPhone firmware. Fire up iTunes with your iPhone plugged in, and hit the Restore button. Once the download starts, unplug your iPhone. When the download finishes, click away the error message in iTunes, and close iTunes. Plug your iPhone back in, and click Check again."

Cheers.

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
How to Determine if iPhone is On Firmware version 1.1.1 or Older 1.0.x
If your aim is simply to check and determine whether your iPhone is running on newer version 1.1.1 or older version 1.0.x of firmware, the fastest and easiest method is by holding down the Power (Sleep/Wake) and Home button until iPhone enters restore mode by displaying one of the following image on screen - sync cable and iTunes logo or yellow triangle.

The sync cable and iTunes logo is the new firmware 1.1.1. restore screen, while the yellow triangle is the old firmware 1.0.2 restore screen. However, this may change in future firmware upgrade.

How to Check iPhone Firmware Version (Field Test Mode)
  1. Turn on the phone and slide to unlock the keypad. iPhone screen should show that only emergency calls is allowed.
  2. Enter the following key sequence: *3001#12345#* and then finish by pressing Call button. This will enter field test mode of iPhone.
  3. Tap on Versions.
  4. The firmware revision information of iPhone installed out of the box will be shown on LCD screen. The following guide will match the firmware revision to the firmware version.

ifusion

Oct 9, 2007
I have 1.01 but want 1.02 to get ibrickr working. So i need to restore the iPhone to 1.02 but cant see the restore button that people say to click. They say "hold shift and click the restore button" But i cant see it anywhere?

Cheers.

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
I have 1.01 but want 1.02 to get ibrickr working. So i need to restore the iPhone to 1.02 but cant see the restore button that people say to click. They say "hold shift and click the restore button" But i cant see it anywhere?

Cheers.
if you don't have the 1.0.2 firmware u should download it at http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...70821.vormd/iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw

download the file then put the file on
C:\Documents and Settings\(your username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
Ok, now what do i do?

Download and install iTunes 7.3.2 (download).
Take your new phone out of the box, and connect it to your computer with the supplied USB-cable.
You need to modify ("jailbreak") the phone before it will be possible to upload third party files/applications. If you are on Windows, i highly recommend downloading iBrickr, which i will use as an example through this tutorial. Extract all files to a directory on your PC.
Important: If you have version 7.4.x or newer version of iTunes (to check click Help -> about in iTunes), you need to download this file and put it in the same directory as iBrickr.
Run ibrickr.exe and follow the instructions on screen. For more info, and video tutorial visit Nate True's website.