• You do something different.

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Well if you have a Mac, where is your dock? On the left, right, bottom...does it automatically hide? Etc..things like that..

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Could you enlighten me? I don't have a Mac "yet", so what is this dock, I'm assuming the iPhone dock whereas if I had one it would be on the right side of screen no hiding :)

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Could you enlighten me? I don't have a Mac "yet", so what is this dock, I'm assuming the iPhone dock whereas if I had one it would be on the right side of screen no hiding :)
the dock is the bar that contains the icons for you apps. I tried mine on the sides but it never worked as well as the bottom.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Well, on a Mac, its this thing:

and it can also look like this:

Its basically like some of our programs and things. Like you know how on a Windows you have Internet Explorer, My Computer, AIM, etc things like that on the desktop? Well this is basically that except its arranged together on that.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Oh that thing! I love that feature when I see MacBooks turned on and everything to me it seems correct and awesome to have it at the bottom of the screen not hiding :)

I also love this feature I saw on youtube where this guys MacBook Pro was going through different programs and windows, by just do gestures with his fingers on his MacBook! Like they were windows, and he could just switch from program to program with alittle swipe of some-sort :)

BOTTOM, NO HIDING
-so um just ignore the vote for right, no hiding

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Oh that thing! I love that feature when I see MacBooks turned on and everything to me it seems correct and awesome to have it at the bottom of the screen not hiding :)

I also love this feature I saw on youtube where this guys MacBook Pro was going through different programs and windows, by just do gestures with his fingers on his MacBook! Like they were windows, and he could just switch from program to program with alittle swipe of some-sort :)

BOTTOM, NO HIDING
-so um just ignore the vote for right, no hiding
When he was switching through, did you see a few boxes and one of them had an arrow pointing either up down left or right? If so, thats Spaces.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
You forgot to add "Bottom, hidden". Mine's that way so I get the full screen for a window.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well, I'm XP but we have a "dock" too.

However, my option of "bottom/hidden" is not available.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
there's a "center/hides" option, which is probably what he meant.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Oh, ok...I was wondering how the dock would hide if it was in the center of the screen :)

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
i don't have a mac but i use rocket dock and its at the bottom no hiding....