Where should I go and get ip4s ?

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
I didn't preorder. Which store should I go AT&T , Apple store , best buy ? Apple store is about 13 miles from me. I'm looking to get 16 gb black.

When I wanting to get ipad 2 everyone had them on backordered Apple store had them in stock.

chimpster23

Bronze
Sep 29, 2011
Apple store for sure they typically have plenty in stock but depends where your going...as for the AT&T store that's a good option too so long as you are early...i have no experience with best buy..but since im near an indoor Apple store i like camping there instead of cold and frigid mornings at att

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
It will be my first time camping in the mall lol wait for a store to open. How early should I be there before they open sense it's 4s not new design ?

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
I just came back from our local Best Buy. Walked in, sat down, walked out 10 minutes later with a pre-order reservation. They sell you a $50.00 gift card that you apply towards your phone and they say they guarantee a launch day pickup. I also have received an email from Sam's Club that they are taking reservations (starting today) for a launch day in store pickup. I also read though that each store is getting between 10 and 20 for pre-order.

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
Here in Indianapolis they Apple store open from M - F 10 - 9 sun 12 - 6

Hey I go to wednesday best buy it's 5 miles away

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Here in Indianapolis they Apple store open from M - F 10 - 9 sun 12 - 6

Hey I go to wednesday best buy it's 5 miles away
Those are normal businesss hours. They open early on iPhone/iPad days.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

Smokey

Bronze
Sep 17, 2008
I pre-ordered at Best Buy..and originally they told me that on launch day it was still first come first serve but I'm guaranteed one on the second shipment..i went in again a few days later & they told me they changed it & now I'm guaranteed one on launch day..and seeing how NO other places are doing this..BEST BUY DEFINITELY..plus reward points..they give you a free pair of headphones the day you get your phone..not to mention I'm getting $132 towards the iP4S for trading in my 3GS

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
I pre-ordered at Best Buy..and originally they told me that on launch day it was still first come first serve but I'm guaranteed one on the second shipment..i went in again a few days later & they told me they changed it & now I'm guaranteed one on launch day..and seeing how NO other places are doing this..BEST BUY DEFINITELY..plus reward points..they give you a free pair of headphones the day you get your phone..not to mention I'm getting $132 towards the iP4S for trading in my 3GS
Dam what size is your 3GS ? Mine looks brand new I just took off the skin I had on it off not even a mark on it. I put some car wax on the back of mine when I got the phone.

If you do have marks on your phone use some car wax that will take some marks off.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Probably could have sold it for at least $50 more.

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
Just got back from best buy . Only thing is it's first come first server. How ever preorders get there first. Found out at radio shack you preoder you have one saved for you next upgrade I go there.

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
idk, I was told 132
With $79 for the phone plus $50 Gift card = $130 $71 for the phone not bad for a new iPhone . So we would be up for upgrade in nov of next year if I'm right.

The guy at best buy told me I don't need the old phone charger / cord. I'm going to being it Friday just in case.

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
Just got this email this morning from bestbuy.

Please Wait For Pickup Confirmation

Limited quantities will be available in stores October 14, 2011, and pre-orders will be filled in the order they were received. We'll get your reserved item to you as soon as possible.

Thinking might not get it Friday . I hope no one order 16 gb black AT&T.

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
I camped out at the Apple store last year for the iPhone 4. I would say that you stand a better chance at Apple than anywhere else. They always reserve more stock for their stores than anyone else. The way it worked at my local Apple store was that you showed up and someone was handing out cards with #'s on them. Different ink for 2 separate lines (preorders and non-preorders). Then you could go do whatever you wanted until 1hr before the mall opened which was an hr before the Apple store opened. Went pretty smoothly. Really fun experience. Just as a side noet if you're not doing anything release day the guy in front of me wasn't even planning on getting an iPhone. He was there to sell his spot in line! Got $150 for it.

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
Just got this email this morning from bestbuy.

Please Wait For Pickup Confirmation

Limited quantities will be available in stores October 14, 2011, and pre-orders will be filled in the order they were received. We'll get your reserved item to you as soon as possible.

Thinking might not get it Friday . I hope no one order 16 gb black AT&T.
I got the same email this morning. A little irritating as it reads a little different than what I was told by two different sales associates and a manager at the store the day I placed my order. He did tell me that Apple assured them that they would get enough phones to cover their pre-orders and that pre-orders will take precedence over walk-ins.

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
The guy told me they open at 8 on the door saying 10. Going to call to make sure. If I should be there early. Think next year I go to Apple store or radio shack does the same thing they do trade in also.