where the _____ is 1.1.3

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
(drunk rant) where is 1.1.3? Does this really seem like an Apple marketing strategy. I don't think its anything like Apple to release the update to one company and letting the rest drool for weeks. Of course I've ONLY been following them since the iPhone released but Apple real hush hush about updates not spilling the beans then make ya itch. No point to this thread other than to rant. Anyone else pissed they gave us some foreplay just to tease? I mean were itching for features and they toy with us? What do you think bout their strategy?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Apple never really gave any kind of hints at another update, in fact, they rarely do. I have learned not to expect an update, that way I'm never disappointed. I'm still running 1.0.2 firmware so the updates thus far have been really meaningless for me.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
We have all been asking the update question for the last 6 months.
Still I am hoping my update dreams will come true one day but I never expect it and so far I have not been pleased with the updates we have had. The only update I kind of thought was ok was adding the iTunes feature on the phone. I don't use it much but at least it was a significant addition and it gave me hope for more. So here I am also waiting and hoping that one day soon.......

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
let's ALL start idiotic threads about updates. Great job, you bumbling drunkard.

Aww did I hurt your wittle feelings? I'll go warm up a bottle of milk for ya.
and if you really don't like my thread... Its called a back button. Oh but don't worry we all value your opinion, seeing as your post was so helpful and all.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Short Answer: Torrents

Its out there, I won't say where but doing a google search for 1.1.3 Torrent should bring up some interesting results.

Do I recommend this?
Absolutely Not.

Is it worth trying?
If you enjoy crashing every 5 seconds

How as the google find me triangulation? Depends on the area, it showed my friend living in the valley, with a HUGE radius that covered all the cities around him. I'm sure it will give much more precise readings when in metropolitan cities.

Web Shortcuts on the Springboard? Worked cool, but the icons wouldn't show up, just blue ? boxes.

Moving springboard icons freezes the iPhone once they start to "jiggle."

You have been warned, lol.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
and if you really don't like my thread... Its called a back button. Oh but don't worry we all value your opinion, seeing as your post was so helpful and all.
Awesome reply btw.

Quick and Sharp, me likie.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Have respect for the juice. Don't hate on it.

- John

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Can't we just get along fine? There was nothing misleading about the subject of the OP's thread. If you feel you've had a surfeit of 1.1.3 threads, just move on to the next. And what's up with all the "thank you"s? Last time I checked the meaning of "useful", it didn't include "inflammatory". It's a new year - be nice to one another.:)

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Can't we just get along fine? There was nothing misleading about the subject of the OP's thread. If you feel you've had a surfeit of 1.1.3 threads, just move on to the next. And what's up with all the "thank you"s? Last time I checked the meaning of "useful", it didn't include "inflammatory". It's a new year - be nice to one another.:)
Quoted for truth.

The "Thanks" on this forum have lost relevance unfortunately.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Thats the first time I've actually seen the real picture, lol. I'm so used to seeing the ascii art version on the Warcraft forums haha.

I'd give you a "Thanks" but I'm holding back for a post that gets me out of jail free, or alerts me to yet another free icecream day at baskin robbins.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
from someone with hardly any thanks, I cant understand your frustration of never having anyone agree with you. I have all the thanks. What that means is that my opinions are valid and justified ones. And just because they're not all candy-coated politically correct robot verses in NO way means they are any less worthy....

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
from someone with hardly any thanks....
I really needn't deign your inept, forum-bully remarks with a response, but since you bring up the point, let's take a closer look, shall we?

You have 1004 postings and 61 thanks. I have 163 postings and 14 thanks (no, I'm not counting the one from you). Seems to me for every 16 posting you have 1 thank you and I have 1 thank you for every 11 posting. So who really has the more qualitative and "useful" postings in the forum?

'Nuff said. I'm moving on...

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I really needn't deign your inept, forum-bully remarks with a response, but since you bring up the point, let's take a closer look, shall we?

You have 1004 postings and 61 thanks. I have 163 postings and 14 thanks (no, I'm not counting the one from you). Seems to me for every 16 posting you have 1 thank you and I have 1 thank you for every 11 posting. So who really has the more qualitative and "useful" postings in the forum?

'Nuff said. I'm moving on...
excellent retort.