Where the heck is the background image?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
I'm sure that this is a mondo easy, often answered question...but I'll be dammed if can figure it out.

WHERE does the background image reside on the iPhone? I was messing around with Ibrickr this weekend and changed some icons and the dock image, but can't figure out where the background image is. I'd LIKE to be able to get this look:

But just can't find it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Last edited by a moderator:

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
You need to install Summerboard, which will automatically set your current wallpaper as your background image. Or you can even create your own themes. See this link for details: http://www.apptapp.com/summerboard/

You can install Summerboard via iBrickr or Installer.

EDIT: Whoops...looks like J-Sauce beat me to the post, so just ignore my message. :)

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Muchos gracias... :D

So is there no way to just upload a different graphic, or is it too entailed to even bother?

I'll have to take a look at Summerboard.
i could tell you how to put your own without summerboard...but its a grueling process im sure you don't wanna go through.

just get it..im sure you wont regret it. Amazing app.

i could tell you how to put your own without summerboard...but its a grueling process im sure you don't wanna go through.

just get it..im sure you wont regret it. Amazing app.
Ok... Been playing with Summerboard and Photoshop all night.

You guys were right on with this one! This IS pretty fun! :)

(now if I just had some artistic talent!) ;)

Thanks again!

Hi-Phone

Jul 5, 2007
Ok... Been playing with Summerboard and Photoshop all night.

You guys were right on with this one! This IS pretty fun! :)

(now if I just had some artistic talent!) ;)

Thanks again!

I don't get it...I'm Very sorry but how do you add you own wallpaper as your background? i've tried everything! is there a step-by-step on how to accomplish this?