Where they go? an Apptap thing :(

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mido

Sep 21, 2007
hey all..
I have two questions with me tonight :)
1-
I just jailbroke my iPhone to add the installer thing. I was able to install whatever application that i wanted, but the issue is that some of those apps don't appear in the screen with the other icons. though they are listed in the installer. So, i have no clue how to reach those hidden apps.

2- How to backup my settings and all of my phone data?

any idea would be extremely appreciated :)

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
hey all..
I have two questions with me tonight :)
1-
I just jailbroke my iPhone to add the installer thing. I was able to install whatever application that i wanted, but the issue is that some of those apps don't appear in the screen with the other icons. though they are listed in the installer. So, i have no clue how to reach those hidden apps.

2- How to backup my settings and all of my phone data?

any idea would be extremely appreciated :)
You need to install SummerBoard, this will allow the main menu to scroll to your additional icons.

rSBT will allow you to re arrange them.

Dock will allow you to access them using a sunbust instead of the main menu.

Your settings and all your phone data are backed up to your computer every time you sync. It is all automated with the iPhone.

mido

Sep 21, 2007
You need to install SummerBoard, this will allow the main menu to scroll to your additional icons.

rSBT will allow you to re arrange them.

Dock will allow you to access them using a sunbust instead of the main menu.

Your settings and all your phone data are backed up to your computer every time you sync. It is all automated with the iPhone.
well... i'm not talking about the scrolling down part. I could scroll just well, but my problem is some apps get installed but don't appear at all. e.g the dictionaries!

any idea?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
well... i'm not talking about the scrolling down part. I could scroll just well, but my problem is some apps get installed but don't appear at all. e.g the dictionaries!

any idea?
Dictionaries by themselves are just that, dictionaries. They are not apps and they don't show on the springboard (thank God). They are only used by the app weDict.

--
Mike

mido

Sep 21, 2007
Dictionaries by themselves are just that, dictionaries. They are not apps and they don't show on the springboard (thank God). They are only used by the app weDict.

--
Mike
well. first of all thank you buddy... secondly, after reading the description, I downloaded the WeDict as well as the dictionaries, but when I click the WeDict icon, the only thing that I get is a yellow dumb window. it's even worse, i downloaded ftp and SSH clients and they don't show off :(

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
well. first of all thank you buddy... secondly, after reading the description, I downloaded the WeDict as well as the dictionaries, but when I click the WeDict icon, the only thing that I get is a yellow dumb window. it's even worse, i downloaded ftp and SSH clients and they don't show off :(
You are not supposed to read dictionaries, you enter a word and have it looked up by the app. Works fine.

And the FTP is a command line utility. OpenSSH is usually used to get into the iPhone, but if you want to use it as a client you need to do so from a command line as well.

--
Mike