where to buy iTunes vouchers in USA (Atlanta)

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Hi my brother who is based in the states wants to buy iTunes vouchers for his two sons who recently received iPods for their birthdays. He not very computer savey and doesn't want to buy them online. I've been in the states a few times and have purchased my Apple products but have never had the need to buy vouchers as I am based in Ireland.

I've seen there's an Apple store in Atlanta but wanted to know if there are other places he can purchase physical vouchers?

Thanks in advance.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
AT&T stores sell them and I've also seen them at major chain stores like Target, CVS, Wal-Mart, etc. They're usually near the cash registers and must be activated by the cashier at purchase.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
AT&T stores sell them and I've also seen them at major chain stores like Target, CVS, Wal-Mart, etc. They're usually near the cash registers and must be activated by the cashier at purchase.
thanks macgirl. When you say activated by the cashier. Is this just done atomatically when the payment is made. My brother gets freaked about anything technological so I have to be very exact. At the moment he thinks it would be easier to post the iPods to me so I can do it. Don't worry he's talented in other ways.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
thanks macgirl. When you say activated by the cashier. Is this just done atomatically when the payment is made. My brother gets freaked about anything technological so I have to be very exact. At the moment he thinks it would be easier to post the iPods to me so I can do it. Don't worry he's talented in other ways.
Yes, it's done automatically when you buy them. It's just a theft-prevention technique the stores use so people can't walk in, steal a bunch, and then still be able to use them once they leave the store. The cashier scans them at purchase and "activates" them then - no need to request it or anything.

EDIT: Also, when he goes shopping for them, he should ask for iTunes gift cards, not vouchers. Gift card is the more common term here and voucher will probably just confuse people... :)

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Thanks just spoke to him on the phone. He has a AT&T store near him so that perfect. Thank you!