Where to copy ringtones to?

Ibrahim Allaf

Bronze
Apr 28, 2011
Dubai, U.A.E.
berryracer.com
I've synced all my MP3s from my PC to my iPhone 5.

Now where and how do I copy my ringtones to my iPhone? My ringtones are all in MP3 format but I don't want them to go to my Music library as these are only ringtones...

please advice

thanks

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
A program that I use to easily convert any part of an mp3 fle to Apples format is iRinger. Easy 3 step process and will sync directly to the appropriate area of iTunes for you too.
www.iRinger.net it's even free

Sent using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
No you should be able to just drag the m4r files into iTunes and it should see them as ringtones. You can do this all from iTunes if you want. Here's a guide. http://howto-themes-for-iphones.blogspot.com/2009/12/how-to-convert-mp3-to-m4r.html?m=1
That does work, but what a royal pain. The iRinger program I mentioned will do all of this in 3 steps. Of course the first and hardest step is selecting which part of that mp3 you want as a ring tone, since you are limited to a max of 29 seconds for a ringtone.

Sent using iCafe app

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
Well the op already has the ringtones just in the wrong format. If its just one or two I would just use iTunes to convert instead of installing a program but if is a bunch the a program is the way to go. I don't do it enough to waste space on my Mac.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Well the op already has the ringtones just in the wrong format. If its just one or two I would just use iTunes to convert instead of installing a program but if is a bunch the a program is the way to go. I don't do it enough to waste space on my Mac.
Point noted... And a good one at that ;)

Sent using iCafe app

Ibrahim Allaf

Bronze
Apr 28, 2011
Dubai, U.A.E.
berryracer.com
Well the op already has the ring tones just in the wrong format. If its just one or two I would just use iTunes to convert instead of installing a program but if is a bunch the a program is the way to go. I don't do it enough to waste space on my Mac.
You're right bro, I have all my ring tones I create them myself using Adobe Audition, then increase their amptitude (volume) using Adobe Audition, cut them, and I'm all set with loud and clear custom ring tones from the best parts of the songs that I want

I'll post my collection soon

enjoylife1788

Bronze
Jan 7, 2011
You're right bro, I have all my ring tones I create them myself using Adobe Audition, then increase their amptitude (volume) using Adobe Audition, cut them, and I'm all set with loud and clear custom ring tones from the best parts of the songs that I want

I'll post my collection soon
Look forward to your collection :)

Sent using iCafe app