Where to get Album Artwork?

gtrplyr

Jun 6, 2008
Is there anyway I can put the album artwork for songs i have for free? I have a few songs that don't have the album artwork and I want coverflow to not have any blank spots when i get my ipod touch. So if you know anyway to get album artwork into iTunes please help me out. Thanks!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Have you tried "get album artwork" in iTunes? It will download artwork even though you didn't buy from iTunes. If this doesn't work(sometimes iTunes doesn't recognize the music) go to amazon.com and copy/paste the artwork into iTunes. Paste the artwork into the box in the lower left corner of iTunes. If you highlight all the songs, you only have to do this once.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Usually I get missing artwork for Amazon, but it isn't as high-quality as iTunes' is.

- John

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I used to use a free program called "album art downloader" for PC. But honestly it was pretty cumbersome and slow, and when I switched to iTunes upon getting the iPhone, I found most of the art it attached didn't show up in iTunes anyway.

The easiest method I've found since is this: in iTunes, highlight all the songs in an album, right-click and "get info". You'll notice there is an "artwork" field there. All I do is open a browser, and use google images and search for the album title. Usually the first page of results will give you what you need. Navigate to a good full size image (300x300 to 500x500) and just drag it directly from your browser to the artwork field in iTunes.

Done.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I google the album name under images and just copy and paste.

frizz

Bronze
Mar 25, 2008
Philly
or you could google the artist and go to discography, copy and paste, ta da.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I usually go to wikipedia and put in the album and copy the artwork that they have. Then I import it into iTunes.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I do what you all do. Find the artwork on Amazon or Google. I have noticed though that if I put the artwork into iTunes on my PC and then transfer the music to my Mac, the artwork doesn't transfer. However, if i put the artwork on my Mac and then transfer to the PC, the artwork is saved and so are the changes I made to the information of the song. Pretty convenient.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I have a question regarding artwork.

I created playlists for my iPhone and put those playlists on the phone. Later I got all the artwork from iTunes for my albums.

How do I get the artwork onto the iPhone now? When I sync up the phone it doesn't automatically transfer the artwork?

Do I have to start over and make the playlists again?

Thanks for the help!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
When you plug your iPhone into iTunes, click on the Music Tab and you should see the option to "Display Album Artwork on iPod" (or something along those lines). Make sure that is checked and then sync your phone as usual and all of the album artwork should transfer and be displayed.

dilipc

Jan 22, 2009
New Delhi, India
I used to use a free program called "album art downloader" for PC. But honestly it was pretty cumbersome and slow, and when I switched to iTunes upon getting the iPhone, I found most of the art it attached didn't show up in iTunes anyway.

The easiest method I've found since is this: in iTunes, highlight all the songs in an album, right-click and "get info". You'll notice there is an "artwork" field there. All I do is open a browser, and use google images and search for the album title. Usually the first page of results will give you what you need. Navigate to a good full size image (300x300 to 500x500) and just drag it directly from your browser to the artwork field in iTunes.

Done.
Great tip. I'm a newbie and your solution solved this problem for me! Thanks again!

Jan 23, 2009
If your album and song names are correct, you can get iTunes to download the artwork for you. In iTunes on Mac, Go to Advanced and click 'Get Album Artwork' and it will search the internet for the covers its self. Just give it some time to find them all and your library of music will now have covers.
Like i said just double check that all song names and albums names are the right ones otherwise it will just reject the album.

If some are not found, like the other posts say, search Google for them :)

Feb 4, 2009
a really easy and free way to do it is just search the album title on google images, find best quality or one you like best, save the image, and then on iTunes, highlight songs, then right click songs, click get info, it will ask if you want to edit all songs, click yes, double click the square box next to wear it says artwork, then find the image and click open and you'v got it! :)

dilipc

Jan 22, 2009
New Delhi, India
I agree with Melissa that this is the easiest way to get the album image. The album artwork download on iTunes just doesn't work for me. Google is my friend!

lensam

Bronze
Mar 8, 2008
Bridgeport, CT
I use Amazon also but before I copy the art work I open 1 up first (usually the clearest pic) then I copy it because it gives you a larger picture.

lensam

Bronze
Mar 8, 2008
Bridgeport, CT
Now I have a question. Once I have all my artwork with the songs, what do I do to back up all this info? For instance all this info is on my pc, and I want to make a backup first , then I want to put it all on my Macbook without any further altering. What folders do I back up ?