where to travel?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i think i'm gonna take a trip later this year, not sure when, but i need to go somewhere cool. nowhere in the US, i have been around a lot of the states and its not that i don't like it (i love the US) but i want to get out and see some different places in the world. post up some places any of you have gone to, heard was cool, heard was horrible, or anything like that. just tryin to toss some ideas around. right now the possibilities i've been thinking are south africa, thailand, brazil, and possibly dubai. obviously there are ****ty aspects to every place, so post up anything.

price really isn't an issue, it will probably be about a 2 week trip

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Anywhere in Europe will probably be a good time - June 8th I'm leaving for Italy and Greece. Europe is different enough to be a fresh cultural experience, but probably won't be as exciting in the exotic sense as the places you suggested.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
South America, Rio de Janeiro, Santiago lot's of exotic places down there. The ladies of Sur America son magnifico.:cool:

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
yah, i actually would really love to go to south america and hit up brazil, chile, argentina, and possibly columbia. the only thing for me is that the crime there is absolutely horrible. i might have to grow my hair long and not shave for a month or two prior so i don't look like some american tourist.

another thing i have been thinkin about is gettin a captain and renting a big ass boat (sailboat, catamaran, or something of the sort) with some friends and island hopping around the caribbean. i feel like that would kind of be homo unless we brought some girls along, but then again the same girls for 2 weeks would probably end up in "female overboard".

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
I will always be partial to South Africa. The people are so interesting and friendly, and you can explore the game parks and the cities in the same trip. Cape Town is an ocean-side city with gorgeous views, tons to do. Their game parks are second to none - I know one of them was recently rated the best hotel in the world. Definitely an experience you'll never forget. Plus, with the exchange rate (last I checked it was one of our Dollars to seven of their Rand) you can come out ahead once you arrive.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I love to travel so I try and do it as often as possible. I've covered most of Europe and have to say that I have a blast each time I go. Most recently I went to several Eastern European countries and it was truly incredible. They aren't the most flashy when it comes to tourists and big sights and such but the cultures are quite unique and unlike anything I had ever seen.

I've been wanting to go to Africa for quite a while now so I would definitely suggest giving that a try as well.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
Thailand, Dubai and Brazil cater to Americans way too much. If you're really looking to leave "America" try Vietnam - especially Hanoi. I'd like to go to Ecuador and Argentina most right now. Europe is great but it doesn't have any edge. It's fun and east, but I don't think it's be as rewarding as Asia or South Am.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Argentina is superb. It's been years since I've been but things that I doubt very much have changed include:

-- Spectacular women
-- The best - by far - meat in the world. Steaks you can cut with a butter knife, for real - and great and inexpensive food generally.
-- Great nightlife in Buenos Aires.
-- Warm and friendly people.

Again, this is many years ago, but I was a very obvious 'yankee' when I was there, and had zero hassle from anyone except one over-zealous cop back in their more militaristic days. Speaking a bit of Spanish helps a lot in that respect as well.

Punta Del Este in Uruguay has awesome beaches and the most awesome gathering of ladies in South America in tourist seasons.

Spain is superb - especially Madrid for nightlife.

I love London too - it's hugely different to the rest listed here, but has tons to offer - and it's great if you like heavy drinking and bar fights :)

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I really enjoy thailand whenever i have traveled there.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Nooooooo! He's really helpful here. Hopefully it's just a temp ban.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I guess he decided to go to the banlands on his trip. Have fun in the banlands Pepe!

mitchellm4

Bronze
Jan 21, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Thanks, Dave. :)

I banned him after a member reported yet another rude post by him over the weekend. The temp ban was implemented based on this along with a long history of similar posts. More rude posts in the future will be addressed with a permanent ban.

Dave is right - this is not for general discussion and no more information will be provided about this situation.

there u go....

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
I'm going to agree on the Eastern Europe post. It's untouched by tourism. I love it and you can do a hell of a lot cheap because of the exchange rate. Poland has to be favorite. I'm anxious to get out and see more of it though. Anytime I go to Europe it's always Eastern and then Germany.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm going to agree on the Eastern Europe post. It's untouched by tourism. I love it and you can do a hell of a lot cheap because of the exchange rate. Poland has to be favorite. I'm anxious to get out and see more of it though. Anytime I go to Europe it's always Eastern and then Germany.
Where else have you been? I really want to go back to Bulgaria, it was awesome when I was there.