Where's the Full eiC Template?!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
At some point, I'm trying to consolidate to one template. Was it the Chrome issue that kept you from using Plum or something special about the eiC template? Neither of which is going to be the final. Have one in the wings that is almost ready for primetime, but wanted to reach out and get some feedback from you and iPhonewarrior

I know both of you have your favorites. If there are specifics as to why, I can make sure I'm not missing anything in the new template. They are all based off the same 'default' template, just heavily customized. None more so than the one being tested.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm not sure what was causing the issues with Plum. I'm not as worried about it as I might seem to be. The mobile template looks good, though I, being an old fuddy duddy, usually go back to the full eiC template. You're never going to make everyone happy at the same time.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'd keep them all, but there are so many issues I'm finding with maintaining them. I found some code on plum that shouldn't be there. There are so many customizations, that it's hard to keep them all updated. Less templates also helps keep the site leaner, meaner.

Hoping I'll settle on one for desktop and keep that working as intended. Spent about 3-4 days on this template, so the idea of keeping older templates that have issues is not something I'm keen on doing.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
chris Napoleon_PhoneApart - which template are we talking about here? The Plum version?

If so, I can honestly say that I haven't used the mobile template that much because I personally like the desktop template. Since the new update I've been using iCab because you can spoof the User-Agent so I can view the site in a desktop format.

I have noticed a few issues whilst moderating, I don't know whether you want this to be discussed in the Staff Room or here? It's mainly pop-ups not rendering correctly, usually they appear in the middle but for some reason they've been rendering to the right of the screen missing maybe an inch and half of the pop-up window <--- the next time this happens I'll screenshot it.

I use Chrome as my main desktop browser and very rarely use another browser so I can't really comment on the site from another browsers point of view. However, if you need me to have a good look into it, I'll gladly use Safari, Firefox or IE (Windows and Mac for IE).

I'll be honest, I fully understand the need to have one template as it'll make the site leaner, but and there's always a but... I think you should offer both desktop and mobile versions of Plum.

I find the new template awkward to use when clearing reports, it's twice as much work as it was before. I can see how the new template is suited to apps users, plus they'll get to see all the site including the jailbreak section - which does get missed.

What's going to happen with post counts or join dates on avatars?

Is there anything you want me to specifically look at?