Where's the latest Winterboard?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Cydia is only pulling up the pre-ARM64 version. Even going to Saurik's website, and clicking the link to the latest version brings me to the old version in Cydia. I must be missing something.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You should just be able to install the one that shows up (version 0.9.3914). I'm on a 5s and it says it was updated yesterday.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Hmmm no luck. Still showing .3911 and that's the version that keeps downloading since it doesn't work.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Doesn't work meaning it doesn't work by going into the settings app. The app itself opens but none of the theme options work and it still shows the old icon. I have noticed the Winterboarder repository isn't loading upon starting Cydia though.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Doesn't work meaning it doesn't work by going into the settings app. The app itself opens but none of the theme options work and it still shows the old icon. I have noticed the Winterboarder repository isn't loading upon starting Cydia though.
Do you have any Cydia updates that are available?

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Not sure what the actual problem is besides the possibility of repos acting up. Ended up using iFile to install .3914 and it's working as well as can be expected for now. If I hear back from Saurik, I'll post an update. :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Europa, I set it up as Hacker, thinking it would give me more things to use. Do you agree with that
No. You probably don't need the command line tools at this point. It's fine that you set it up that way, but it's not necessary. User mode filters out packages that users don't need and trims down the list of installed packages so you only see what you need rather than all the dependencies and other stuff users won't be interested in or need to bother with. Basically, hacker mode will just clutter your lists a bit. You can switch to hacker mode later if you need to, so I usually recommend user mode.