Where's the ringtone from the commercial's?

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
So, um, where's the normal sounding ringtone we hear on the commercials? Anyone else notice that it's missing from our iPhones?

Think this could be a clue that we'll get customizable ringtones in the future?

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
So, um, where's the normal sounding ringtone we hear on the commercials? Anyone else notice that it's missing from our iPhones?

Think this could be a clue that we'll get customizable ringtones in the future?
well actually from what I remember it has always been marimba (the first ringtone on the list)

edmartin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Maybe it swam away with the clown fish? (Sorry, couldn't resist).

It's amazing how plagarized the early "sights & sounds" of the iPhone got with fake skins on other phones out there. I kind of like that Apple pulled them.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
LoL yes its Marimba, lol @ thread starter = n00b
Wait. I'm a n00b to YOU? I have twice as many posts as you. I've been on this board every day for 2 months. I was here when people were commenting on how polite and cordial this board is... well, used to be. Was a lot more polite when it was full of genuine iPhone fans who have been following the rumors for years, knew the keynote in January was going to be about the iPhone and followed the keynote as it was happening. I was one of those people. I didn't learn about the iPhone from watching TV. I've been waiting for almost 2 years for it.

I didn't remember anyone asking this before so I searched and didn't find anything. I'm surprised that I was the first person to notice the missing ringtone.

If you don't believe me, watch the ads. 4 of the 5 ads show the iPhone receiving a call. They all have the same standard sounding non-miramba ringtone.

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Wait. I'm a n00b to YOU? I have twice as many posts as you. I've been on this board every day for 2 months. I was here when people were commenting on how polite and cordial this board is... well, used to be. Was a lot more polite when it was full of genuine iPhone fans who have been following the rumors for years, knew the keynote in January was going to be about the iPhone and followed the keynote as it was happening. I was one of those people. I didn't learn about the iPhone from watching TV. I've been waiting for almost 2 years for it.

I didn't remember anyone asking this before so I searched and didn't find anything. I'm surprised that I was the first person to notice the missing ringtone.

If you don't believe me, watch the ads. 4 of the 5 ads show the iPhone receiving a call. They all have the same standard sounding non-miramba ringtone.
lol ok relax my bad lol posts don't mean nothing. I have a life too ya know, anywayz don't wanna get into a forum fight so Peace be with us lol.

I just went through the commercials and its just a regular ring...Whats to miss about that plus you got the old phone ringtone that pretty much sounds the same

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
lol ok relax my bad lol posts don't mean nothing.
Clearly. Though that really only applies to people with a few posts. They could be lurkers. But you can be sure that someone with 130+ posts is most certainly not a n00b. But I hope you didn't take my long reply as an attempt to get into a battle. I just wanted to explain. Yes. Let's have peace.
I just went through the commercials and its just a regular ring...Whats to miss about that plus you got the old phone ringtone that pretty much sounds the same
A LOT of people hate ringtones and just want a regular one. The old phone one isn't really normal. Not anymore anyway. I'm sure they'll give the normal ringtone to us soon. My guess is when they start charging us $1 for song ringtones.

nickingrao

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Central CA
I noticed the ringtone missing as well; bit of a bummer but i'm expecting to see it after the first patch/update from Apple. ;)

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I like it how in the tutorials he says, "The iPhone has a great selection of ringtones"...

T Mac5b

Jun 30, 2007
The tone that sounds closest to the one in the commercial is trill. It even might be it.

hutchensgd

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
And how many ringtones do you need to select from? I remember when the only choice you had with the ring tone on a phone was the volume. Admitadly a long time ago, but geez, there are like ten choices.

I am unsatisfied with the ringtone selection supplied on my iPhone.

UhhhFresh

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
The best ringtone is obviously ALARM.

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
I'm really not a big fan of the ringtones. And I'm not a ringtone junkie either. I don't put the latest songs on my phone for ringtones or anything like that. But, who the heck wants a motorcycle revving or some of the other obnoxious sounds. I'm on the xylophone now but I'm not happy with it.

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
i hate the ringtones. I wish there was a standard ringtone also. Why do we need crickets and dog bark? Oh well im starting to sound like a complainer

hutchensgd

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Somebody told me the dog ringtone was intended for ex-wives. Probably works just as well for ex-husbands too.

i hate the ringtones. I wish there was a standard ringtone also. Why do we need crickets and dog bark? Oh well im starting to sound like a complainer