Which app do you recommend? I want to view my desktop from my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by BexRose, Mar 3, 2012.

1. BexRose

BexRose New Member

Hello everyone!

Please answer as soon as possible because I'm impulsive when it comes to buying apps!

Ok I found this one which is featured on the app store. Is this the best for what I'm looking for? Any other recommendations? Perhaps better and cheaper before I spend $16. Thank you !

Desktop Connect
    Antecea Inc.
    Category: Productivity
    Updated: Jan 28, 2012

(Please visit app store if you need a description of the app.)

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

What are you looking for?

3. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Please include your own App Store link in the future. ;)

I've used iTeleport with my Mac but haven't tried it with a Windows machine. It's a bit pricey: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iteleport-vnc/id286470485?mt=8

Splashtop is another good app that is currently on sale right now: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/splashtop-remote-desktop-for/id382509315?mt=8

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Here's another vote for iTeleport. I've been using it for a few years (Windows and Mac) and I think it's the best one out there. But if you want to save some money, I agree with Kadelic's recommendation for Splashtop, which has audio as well as video.

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

LogMeIn works quite well and the main front end is free for basic remote desktop stuff

6. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

+1

I also upgraded to ignition when it went on sale. Works well especially on wifi. 3G is a bit slow.

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

7. BexRose

BexRose New Member

Thanks for all the advice! I'll check out each of your suggestions!

8. JWB

JWB Member
    Bronze

Mocha VNC. It's free and it works great.

9. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

The only problem with Mocha VNC is that there are a few limitations that you don't realize until you use a different version.
    I grabbed iTeleport back when it was called JaduVNC, and got it for 4.99. I had a desktop up all the time that I used to access for files and such. It only ever failed me when i was out of the country and couldn't access the PC- connection failed. But I have been in Florida and remoted into my sister's desktop in Athens, GA, and fixed her PC without problems.

My advice is to weigh exactly what you are looking to do versus cost. If you don't need much, then a cheaper version is always a easy decision. But if you want full functionality, you're going to have to pay for it.