Which Apple Watch are you buying?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by IllusionEntity, Mar 23, 2015.

?

Which Model are you buying?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2015.
  1. Sport

40.0%
  2. Apple Watch

60.0%
  3. Apple Watch Edition

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

Hey guys, Haven't been here in a While! Just thought I'd ask this question and start a poll.
    I have been arguing with myself over which model to get for a while but I think I'm getting the stainless steel with the traditional leather strap or Milanese loop.

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I'm leaning towards the sport model, but undecided on color.

3. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

I'm leaning towards the sports model as well. It's still a nice watch that I can bang around with and not really care about.

I'm most likely gonna end up with black or gray. The white one might be a second choice. If there were a neon orange one then that would definitely be a third choice.

I'm still undecided on wether I want the 38mm or 42 mm version. Right now I'm leaning more towards a 38mm because it's not so in your face and it
    doesn't hurt that it's $50 less. Kind of tiny for a screen though. We'll see.

I wonder how much spare Apple straps will cost. I also wonder what third party straps will look like.

I think I'm most definitely going to cover the watch with a screen protector and case. So I can be even more care free. I'm hoping for a thin clear "flexible" case like I have on my iPhone 6 plus. Looks like nothing's there.

I'd be lying if I said I'm not super excited and can't wait to slap this thing on my wrist. I will definitely be preordering and receiving it on iDay.

The heart beat monitor will be taken advantage of.

#3 ipod, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  4. Tyger_purr

Tyger_purr Member
    Bronze

Pebble time.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

There is an augmented reality app to help you decide on which one to get.
    http://iphone.appleinsider.com/articles/15/03/24/new-try-the-watch-app-uses-augmented-reality-to-visualize-wearing-an-apple-watch

6. igadgetlady

igadgetlady Member
    Bronze

I'm still undecided, but I'm leaning towards the Apple Watch version, I really don't like the plastic band on the sport model. Anyone know when they will be on display in the stores?

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

April 24th.

Edit: It looks like they will have in-store previews availble on the 10th.

#7 Europa, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  8. igadgetlady

igadgetlady Member
    Bronze

I thought they might have them on display before they went on sale. :(

9. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

Apple Store in Mississauga Canada told me the watch will be on display April 10th. On sale April 24th. I'm sure they know what they are talking about.

The phones were always on display before they were on sale.

10. nikkisixx102

nikkisixx102 Android Killer
    Bronze

Yeah. I think all are supposed to have them on preorder day, April 10, so you can try on and reserve yours for launch April 24th.

I'm going Space Black, still deciding between 38 and 42. Would really like to be able to buy the black leather band too.

11. nikkisixx102

nikkisixx102 Android Killer
    Bronze

And I don't remember phones ever being on display before launch. I might be wrong.

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, I checked and they will have in-store previews of the watch available on the April 10th.

The phones were always on display before launch? Have you actually seen that? I've never heard of that or seen it happen.

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I agree. I never saw the new iPhone on display until the day it was made available to the public.

14. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I changed my mind. I'm going to purchase an Apple Watch but not the fancy link band I wanted. I will save $500 and go with this sports band and 42 mm size.

AppleWatch.JPG

15. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

Going with the black sport with a black band. Really want a black link band so I'll wait for the 3rd party suppliers to get their act together.

16. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

I like to get space gray SS model but the only way I see that you can get it is with the link band which is the most expensive in that line. The link band is nice and I would like it but it's hard to spend nearly as much for the band as the watch itself. Might end up just get a regular SS and save a few hundred bucks unless I find a way to mix and match on the pre-order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. MerlinHope

MerlinHope New Member

Definitely for the Sport model. the blue one seems very good! Also, a very good price.

18. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

Ditto for me. 42mm black sport and wait for 3rd party bands.

19. offroadhunter

offroadhunter Member
    Silver

Same, not gonna spend a ton on a 1st generation watch, plus I have a 100 credit from my macbook air purchase so its reasonable.

20. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I'm debating still.. I just worry about the screen on the Sport Edition. I am thinking the Sapphire Glass would be more resilient.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List