Which apps are gobbling up your data plan?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Just found a new and free app the will track your data usage. It will also break down how much data each app is using. It's called Onavo Count. Grab it before they put a price on it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Just installed it. I imagine it will be pulled from the App Store soon or at least disabled by 6.0.1 since it installs a profile and requires your lock screen passcode (if you have one set). We had some pretty awesome settings toggles on 5.0, which also installed a profile and were a great SBSettings alternative since the 4S jailbreak wasn't out yet, but Apple quickly disabled them with a firmware update.

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
Downloaded that app awhile was good until it didn't let me load up a few of my apps, namely the FB app.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Just installed it. I imagine it will be pulled from the App Store soon or at least disabled by 6.0.1 since it installs a profile and requires your lock screen passcode (if you have one set). We had some pretty awesome settings toggles on 5.0, which also installed a profile and were a great SBSettings alternative since the 4S jailbreak wasn't out yet, but Apple quickly disabled them with a firmware update.
I can't imagine how Apple would have missed its function since it asks to installed a profile as soon as it is initially launched.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I can't imagine how Apple would have missed its function since it asks to installed a profile as soon as it is initially launched.
Do you know if there are any other apps out there that require installing these profiles? It was just a guess based on Apple disabling the 5.0 settings toggles that used these profiles.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Thanks. Apparently, it wasn't the profile installation that caused Apple to disable the toggles then.