Which apps work with 1.1.1 and which ones don't?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Can someone make me a small list of the apps that have problems or just plain don't work with 1.1.1? I have an unlocked phone or I would mod and try this out myself.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
"Semi-Working on 1.1.1

Dock - Works, but snapshots are not sent to photos, no idea where they go!
Beatphone - Works but volume is really quite even when speaker is on full
Summerboard/SMBPrefs - installs but does nothing"

Damnit, the only reason I wanted to mod 1.1.1 was for Summerboard and the themes.
Is there any other way to do themes other than Summerboard?

Last edited by a moderator:

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
"Semi-Working on 1.1.1

Dock - Works, but snapshots are not sent to photos, no idea where they go!
Beatphone - Works but volume is really quite even when speaker is on full
Summerboard/SMBPrefs - installs but does nothing"

Damnit, the only reason I wanted to mod 1.1.1 was for Summerboard and the themes.
Is there any other way to do themes other than Summerboard?
They will get a 1.1.1 compatible update out very soon no doubt. And yes there are definitely ways to do it without Summerboard by just over writing your icons, but it's definitely a pain.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
They will get a 1.1.1 compatible update out very soon no doubt. And yes there are definitely ways to do it without Summerboard by just over writing your icons, but it's definitely a pain.
Looks like Ill be waiting! Thats good, cause I probably wouldve tried jailbreaking with this new process and most definitely wouldve messed something up.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
yes it seems like to many steps right now for me. I think I'm going to wait until things are condensed into just several steps instead several hundred.
I'm currently modded to the hilt with 1.0.2. I love my iPhone and figured out how to increase ringer volume. I just think I gotta have the update and then mod of up... Still a little early yet...

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
yes it seems like to many steps right now for me. I think I'm going to wait until things are condensed into just several steps instead several hundred.
I'm currently modded to the hilt with 1.0.2. I love my iPhone and figured out how to increase ringer volume. I just think I gotta have the update and then mod of up... Still a little early yet...
Yeah, I was modded but decided to upgrade anyway for whatever reason. Well, I know the reason. I wanted that stupid little bluetooth battery indicator and the iPod overlay functions. So I guess I cant complain. But I miss all those cool themes! Hopefully someone will come up with something easy this weekend.

mogz

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
SF
I hope the fix summerboard soon... really like it now... it scrolls to the side and there's those dots at the bottom to indicate the page, just like an official Apple crap.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Just as an FYI Summerboard now has a 1.1.1 compatible version out (with horizontal scrolling!).

Also, Beatbox .025 works fine with 1.1.1, Sketches, which didn't work with 1.1.1 at all, now works fine too (0.4).

Also, it's pretty easy to jailbreak 1.1.1 right now, at least on Windows:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...1-1-without-restoring-to-1-0-2-windows.12715/

The dots on the springboard are nice too.

Just remember, the more people on 1.1.1 the more work that will be done on it. 'Course with the Touch community now able to jailbreak, I expect an increase in third-party development.

All that said if you aren't comfortable with it, by all means stay with 1.0.2. Granted that is so last month, but you know... :p:p:p

--
Mike