Which case is better?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by GrannySmith, Sep 22, 2012.

1. GrannySmith

GrannySmith New Member

I can't decide between the "Speck Candyshell satin" case or the "Puregear Dualtek Extreme Shock Case". Both look awesome but I like the speck's look a lot more than puregear's.

Problem is, I've been getting mixed reports about the candyshell cases. The regular candyshell apparently shows scratches a lot on the glossy finish while the satin ones i've had mixed opinions. Some people say that the matte finish coating comes off in a few weeks.

As for puregear, it seems to have better quality and protection but the look of the case isn't as great as speck's. Has anyone had a speck candyshell satin before? Any problems with the coating rubbing off after time? Is it durable at all? All these things I've been hearing about speck make the case look kind of cheap :/

2. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor
    Bronze

I've had a few candyshells, and so has a close friend. They scratch BADLY! But look and feel great for about 6 months total.

Sent using iCafe app

3. flatbacks21

flatbacks21 Member
    Bronze

I use the speck candyshell and yes, it gets scuffed up. My thought is I'd rather the case get scuffed up than the phone. In my opinion it's doing the job. Plus it does a pretty good job of protecting the phone when dropped. That's just me. Purchased on amazon for $20.
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1359213853.175694.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

4. missygal

missygal Zealot
    Silver

I also had the Candyshell...mine has some scratches but I like the feel of the case so I can handle some scratches.

Sent using my iPhone 5

5. mistah_mumford

mistah_mumford New Member

I like the Candyshell as well. I took one of those kitchen sponge/scrub pads to the back to remove the shine and DRASTICALLY reduce the appearance of scratches!

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

6. Jim tig

Jim tig New Member

Check out Griffin survivor they take a lot of abuse

Sent using iCafe app

7. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

If you like the CandyShell, try the SwitchEasy Tones. chris did a review on it. I have one as a backup to my bumper.