Which cases are you sporting?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Apple iAddicted, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Apple iAddicted

Apple iAddicted Contributor
    Bronze

I really like my iPhone without the case at all but my daughter gets a hold of it to play games and I like protection when I'm doing yard work and stuff outside.
    I have 2 otterboxes (cammo and a black on orange)
    A white hard plastic case

I have found a case that looks just like a book and can hold credit cards and license on eBay, thinkin of gettin it for trips be a wallet case lol

Also two different aluminum cases one even bolts on and the sides are open

I want something thin with a built in screen protector perferably clear for everyday use, any suggestions.

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1!
    Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Lifeproof.

3. Apple iAddicted

Bronze

I've heard of these supposedly waterproof but they like 80 bucks do they protect from drops I have dropped otterbox and the phone still broke just once, I've shattered the plastic inside the rubber twice and the phone be fine. I don't mind spending the cash if it really works. My first otterbox they demonstrated tossed a demo phone in one across the room I like proof lol

Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

There are a number of users here with a LifeProof case. I love mine!
    Very slim compared to Otterbox. I wash mine on a regular basis, have dropped it a few times without any problems.
    No case is a 100% guarantee on drops though. BestBuy also carries them in most areas now. I think it's worth the $$$ and I swore on Otterbox defender for ages.

5. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Most days my Otterbox Defender. Otherwise it is a Speck case (Black and Red)...

6. Apple iAddicted

Bronze

Way I see it if the case totally decentagrates and the phone still works it is worth the money. Just hard to believe a case can protect underwater and still make calls normal. What do they use over the speakers and mics?

7. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

It's a type of gortex like material that lets air/sound out but not let water in.
    There are quite a few videos on their web page that are worth the time to watch.

8. Edge1978

Edge1978 Member
    Bronze

I swore by Otterbox but got tired of the bulkiness. So now I have a speck (Black/Blue) I love it

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

9. RedWritingHood

Bronze

I had a Lifeproof and love the concept. Maybe mine was quirky, but I couldn't get the gap between the screen and the screen of the case to minimize. Also, I found it very difficult to remove the headphones and charger with that case. I realize they make extenders, but after being in it already for that price, I thought enough was enough.

Customer service was great when I returned it, though. They waived the restocking fee due to a delay in getting to my Return authorization.

I would not be opposed I trying a Lifeproof again, but I would
    Purchase it from a retailer and try it out as soon as I got home to
    Make sure the gap wasn't there.

Using an OtterBox Defender now and love it. I like my phone naked but with 2 little kids in the house, there's just no way I can not have something substantial protecting it.

10. Apple iAddicted

Bronze

Biddin on one now on eBay might score it for half the cost

11. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

And Zero warranty from LifeProof.
    You could end up with an older 1st generation one too. :([/quote]

12. Apple iAddicted

Bronze

[/quote]
    it is 2nd gen new in box..... What about this warranty though?

13. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

14. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor
    Bronze

I have had my lifeproof for a couple days now. I'm still not sure what I think. It is thinner than my otterbox, but looks cheap in my opinion. My kid even said, "that's an ugly new case!" it was waterproof in the sink before I put the phone in it, I'm still afraid to try it w phone. And, the gap won't go away @ the top near the speaker. It just looks cheap to me.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

15. TheJustPull

TheJustPull Member
    Bronze

I use the boost case hybrid. The snap on back provides a 1900mah battery and then you get a thin case when you don't need the extra juice. I dropped it from my table at the hospital room and my phone was fine and the case just has a teeny crack on the corner. Lifetime warranty, I could replace it but it's not that big of a crack.

16. SMELTN

SMELTN Member
    Bronze

17. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

18. Apple iAddicted

Bronze

I found a case called Ballistic last night 5 layers of protection and the 5th layer is silicone and optional. Has a mesh cover for the speakers and is water resistant thinkin of tryin one

19. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

Sporting the BookBook

20. Apple iAddicted

Bronze

I saw that on eBay but couldn't get a back view, can you use the csmera in it? Looks nice for a wallet/case