Which cell tower am I connected to?

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by iPutz, Jan 16, 2014.

1. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Does anyone know of an app that will show information and location of the cell tower my phone is currently connected to? I have an un-jailbroken iPhone 5 on AT&T's network.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You have to jailbreak to do this. There is an app in Cydia called Signal that shows you the nearby towers and which one you are connected to.

signal2-a.jpg

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I was hoping for an app that would not require jailbreaking, but maybe I'll just have to break down and try it again. I did once about two years ago, on my 4S but didn't find any real advantage to it and did run into a couple of problems after about a month or so and went back to stock. Thanks Europa for the speedy reply.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I just checked and Signal 2 is not compatible with my 5s. I'm not sure if it's ARM64 incompatibility or 7.x incompatibility. It hasn't been updated recently, so it's probably 7.x that's not compatible. Which phone and firmware do you have? I can confirm that it works on the iPhone 5 on 6.x. It's $2.99.

5. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

It should work on my phone. I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4. I appreciate the help. I'm not sure if I'll do JB or not but at least I know my options now. Thanks again.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, it looks like it will work on your iPhone 5. I checked a compatibility list and it shows that Signal 2 is compatible with 7.0.4. It's just not compatible with ARM64 devices (iPhone 5s).

It's a cool app. I used Signal 1 on my iPhone 3GS a few years ago.