Which finger do YOU use?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Which finger do YOU use?

• Index Finger

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Middle Finger

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It depends on where I am.

Dock, any buttons on bottom of the screen - thumb
Swiping and tapping middle/upper portions of the screen - index finger
Zooming in/out - index and middle finder

- John

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I almost always use my thumb for everything. The only time I use any other finger is in the photos app, i use my thumb and index finger to zoom in/out, and if im showing pictures to a friend I'll hold the phone in my left hand and use my right index finger for swiping.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008

- John
Ditto !

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i use my index finger when in portrait mode to get around, but 2 thumbs for typing anything beyond a few letters.

and this may sound odd, but i think that people in the u.s. tend to avoid using their middle finger for pointing/indicating compared to those who live/have lived outside of the u.s. i say this because it's that way with all of my relatives (both my parents are from other countries) in comparison to people i know who have lived most/all of their lives in the u.s.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
i use my index finger when in portrait mode to get around, but 2 thumbs for typing anything beyond a few letters.

and this may sound odd, but i think that people in the u.s. tend to avoid using their middle finger for pointing/indicating compared to those who live/have lived outside of the u.s. i say this because it's that way with all of my relatives (both my parents are from other countries) in comparison to people i know who have lived most/all of their lives in the u.s.
Yes, except for the drivers in my neck 'o the woods. ;) But then, drivers around here could evoke the a nun to flip the bird.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Whoa, you people zoom in and out using your index and middle fingers? I use my index finger for most everything except the thumb to hit home and thumb/index to zoom in and out.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Well I'm almost always holding the iPhone in my right hand so when I do anything with it I use my thumb to navigate around, and pretty much do everything with my thumb unless I'm zooming in and out...then I use my index and thumb. But when I'm typing, I hold the phone with both hands and use both thumbs.

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California

- John
Given that I'm the second person to "ditto" this, I'm gonna go out on a limb and dub this the "norm"... ;)

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
I almost always use my thumb for everything. The only time I use any other finger is in the photos app, i use my thumb and index finger to zoom in/out, and if im showing pictures to a friend I'll hold the phone in my left hand and use my right index finger for swiping.
Ha! My kindred spirit...;)

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Ive noticed that when my friends are trying to flaunt their iPhones they'll do this tapping thing with their middle finger, where they'll barely tap the screen makeing their hand look like they were counting a row of people haha!
-Hope you can picture that Lol!

Even when texting the index finger is used cause they don't trust grammar correction system haha!

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
I never realized I used my middle finger until I was punching in my PIN # after using my debit card at wal mart and this lady pointed (theres my pun) out that I was using my middle finger. My 2 yr old points with her's too. Thats more than enough proof that I do not need a blood test lol.