Which game emulator?

Steve-O

Bronze
May 19, 2008
Hi all,

I've been browsing the forum a while before posting here and saw a couple of topics regarding my question, but none which really gave me a definite answer.

I've been wanting to install a couple of the emulators available to the iPhone and was wondering which one I should choose (i.e. works best).

First of all, i'd really like to install ScummVm because i grew up on games like Loom, Monkey Island,...Does ScummVm work well on the iPhone? Does anybody know if Sierra games like the Police Quest series are supported?

Secondly, are the current SNES, NES and GBA emulators any good (i'm leaving the psx one out, because the you tube vids look crap)? Which source should i get and which install-tutorial should I use?

Lastly, is Tap Tap Revolution worth installing? I've read something about it crashing the iPhone?

Thanks for your input.

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
are you jailbroken? TTR is very cool

Steve-O

Bronze
May 19, 2008
Yeah, it's jailbroken alright. I've heard rumours about TTR Guitar Hero Theme crashing your phone, but don't know really what is meant by it. Is this the regular TTR you can download from installer or is it a custom TTR?

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
I have SEGA, NES and SNES installed and they work great! I have SCUM installed but the games are HUGE and I didn't want to take up all that space so I took it off.

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Emulators

Get them all.
I have:
NES
SNES
Genesis
Playstation 1 (Not full speed yet)
GameBoy Advance
GameBoy Original/Color

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
I had NES and it worked fine with no problems, i've uninstalled it though since i like some of the other games more.

Cudafan

May 18, 2008
I have NES and it works great on my iPhone, but where do you get the ROMs for SEGA and SNES? Also how did you install them?