which headphones to get?

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
well im looking into getting some headphones to use while im on my motorcycle. i wear a full face helmet and the stock headphones fall out and rattle on my head. i bought a pair of sony over the ear style and they were junk. i would prefer a good cheap pair i don't need anything expensive.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Kenneth check out the Ultimate Buds UB5 headphones. They're a definite upgrade to the Apple buds and are in-ear so they'll stay in much better especially under a full face helmet. I'm not sure how much you're looking to spend but they're around $50. I love mine and they look great with the black slider case. :cool:

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
hey rob i checked out the UB5 and i like them the only thing im worried about is how they will fit. i have no experience with the ear bud style headphones all i have used are over the ear style. will these actually stay in and not get pulled out by my helmet?

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Honestly I don't know if they could stand up to putting a helmet on and removing it. I'd say probably not. The in-ear buds also take a while to get used to. They are noise isolating which probably isn't best for motorcycle application. They do offer a 14 day trial period but the more I think about your usage I don't know that you'd be happy with them Kenneth.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
thanks rob. im thinking about getting some over the ear style but i want some that are not cheaply made. all the ones i have looked at don't fit and break really easily. it shouldnt be that hard choosing from headphones that cost less than $30.