Which iPad Air Did You Buy?

Discussion in 'iPad Air' started by chris, Nov 1, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I bought the 16GB White/Silver. I'm still on the fence on if the Air will be my primary iPad or if the iPad mini with retina will be assume that roll. This looks to be an early Christmas present for my wife, once I'm through with my review.

Which iPad Air did you buy?

2. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

I placed my order online this morning. I got the silver 64gb wifi model.
    This is my first iPad, so I'm excited. I was on the fence about whether a full sized or mini would be better, and decided I wanted large screen goodness.

Sent using iCafe app

3. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

64gig space grey.

4. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

I got the 32GB space gray. Reasons exactly the same as yours. Have a feeling the Retina iPad mini will be the keeper for me.

5. smelton3

smelton3 Member
    Bronze

32GB silver AT&T model. The same each year.

Sent using iCafe app on my Retina Display iPad.

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I have this odd drive to go with white/silver/gold iPads/iPhones and have myself second guessing. I say this as someone who had the space gray iPhone 5s, returned it and bought gold.

7. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

I said it way back when people asked what color ip5 I was getting. The white/silver "feels" more "Apple" to me. The champagne too, much more than the black.
    I was really leaning on waiting for the mini, but I weighed the options, and felt the full sized version fit my needs better.
    If I traveled more, I would say mini, but I don't, so air it is.

Sent using iCafe app

8. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

Silver 32gb wifi. This thing is so light compared to my 3.

9. FAsnakes

FAsnakes Member
    Bronze

I picked up a 32gb silver tmobile. Originally I ordered a grey 16g tmobile - but as soon as I seen the silver, it was love a first sight.. I traded over to the silver and bumped it up to 32. I went with the tmobile due to their free 200mb a month plan.

I'm coming from an iPad 2. So the update for me is huge.

- smaller footprint
    - lighter
    - stereo
    - retina
    - better camera
    - more ram
    - blazing fast (the geekbench between the ipad2 & the air is on another planet)

10. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I went with the silver wifi 32gb. I have been using the mini for the last year. It is taking some getting used to. So I know that the weight is lighter then the iPad 3 I had before the mini it doesn't have the same affect if I never used the mini. We'll see how it is traveling with it.

11. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

This is me. Coming from an iPad 2 wifi. I got the space gray 16gb from AT&T. The speed and size/weight difference are amazing. Now I need to find a case.

12. ZipZap

ZipZap Member
    Silver

128GB Black

Frankly, I don't know what anyone would buy the 64GB and not pay $100 more for 64GB more memory.

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

They might not need the extra space or have the money to spend on it.

14. ZipZap

ZipZap Member
    Silver

If you in that price range you're not on a budget. $100 is hardly seems like a break the bank amount.

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

A lot of people don't want to spend money on something they don't need. Not everyone uses that much space and they might not be able to justify it even if they do want that much. I haven't ever gone over 20 GB so why should I pay for 128 if I don't need it? I'd rather spend the money on something else.

16. ZipZap

ZipZap Member
    Silver

If they feel they need 64GB, then its a wise move to go 128 GB.

I understand that some would reason it differently, but in the end they will likely regret it.

17. ZipZap

ZipZap Member
    Silver

You're not even in the decision range of 64GB so I am not sure why you think your rationale applies. Of course you wont spend for 128 GB, or 64GB.

18. ZipZap

ZipZap Member
    Silver

Lets just agree to disagree.....I think its a mistake to not spend $100 more for 128 if your buying 64....and you don't.

19. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

I have always purchased the 16gb versions of iPhone and iPad and I have never run out of room for what I need. On my iPad, I keep some songs, a couple movies and several books. Everything else - pictures, other working documents, pdf files, etc. - stays on one of the several cloud accounts I have. Dropbox and Google Drive have 5gb each, Box.com=100gb and Skydrive=25gb. Why would I need to spend several hundred dollars more on a higher capacity iPad?

It's an awesome thing that there are plenty of options available for everyone. 16gb is plenty for my needs, but I do understand why some folks would require, or just want, 64 or even 128gb. It is certainly not my place to question or criticize those requirements or choices.

20. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

We went with a 32 gig white for my wife. She had a 16 gig and it wasn't enough without always having to transfer movies on and off when we travel.

Sent using iCafe app