Which iPad Air screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPad Air' started by avin7000, Nov 17, 2013.

1. avin7000

avin7000 Member
    Bronze

Do I actually need a screen protector ? if yes, which brand ?

and also what about back ? do I need to apply any screenguard on back ?

Please suggest me and also share your experience so far. Thank you!

2. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

I decided on the Tech Armor anti-glare based on a good previous experience. It is pretty decent for the pricepoint. I always get the anti-glare because I use my tablet outside a lot. They do also have the HD Clear available as well. I don't get the full body protectors because I keep my iPad in a folio case.

3. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I only use Zagg InvisibleShield HD protectors. They are barely noticeable and if they do fade or whatever, you get lifetime replacements for free. Never had a problem with Zagg! Rick makes a great point about the anti-glare option if you use it outside. I used to use the anti-glare protectors, but it diminishes the Retina Display...I now go with HD protectors.

I always like to put a skin on the back of my iPad so that I can use it "naked" but still have scratch protection. Used to use icarbons, but they don't do the Apple logo cutout anymore. Just got a Lucky Skin and it's great. I love carbon fiber but they have other options as well. If the cutout isn't an issue for you, icarbons has even more options available.

Since I always sell my devices when it's time to upgrade, I always use a screen protector. Better resale value.

Sent using iCafe app

4. avin7000

avin7000 Member
    Bronze

5. avin7000

avin7000 Member
    Bronze

wow, just 4USD, but not available here :S

6. spankbot

spankbot Member
    Bronze

Screen protectors are not necessary. Don't bother with them.

7. avin7000

avin7000 Member
    Bronze

Why?

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Neither is owning a smartphone or tablet. But I want one. I also want my screen protected. I don't have AppleCare+. So, I use an Otterbox Defender with a built in screen protector. It's necessary for me, not only for the protection, but for some peace of mind.

9. spankbot

spankbot Member
    Bronze

They reduce the accuracy of the touch display, you lose the benefits of the oleophobic coating (instead getting smears and prints), they trap dust and air bubbles. They generally wreck a beautiful display that doesn't need protecting.

A good case on the other hand has some usefulness.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

They can still scratch, so some people prefer to use screen protectors. One reason is to maximize the resale value. I'm not a fan of screen protectors, either, but only because I don't like how they look and feel. You can see the cutout around the button/speakers, they have a different feel from the glass and some dull the screen. The screen still gets fingerprints and smudges despite the oleophobic coating. There are anti-fingerprint protectors available. If you place them properly and get one that is high quality, it won't have any bubbles. They don't get debris under them unless they are old and starting to peel off. Therefore, they need to be replaced periodically. The accuracy of the touch screen is the same as long as you get a quality product and place it properly.

11. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've been using the Otterbox Defender for a long time. The built in screen protector has worked great. I don't see any loss of screen touch accuracy at all. I do a lot of intricate photoshop work on my phone, and have no problems with the screen protector. And the screen display looks fine. Europa brought up a good point about resale value. I don't want scratches on my screen. And as careless as I am at times, I'd probably get some without the protection I enjoy.