Which iPad mini model do you think will be the most popular?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
I think it will be the 16g wifi model. Parents like myself with children that want an iPad for Xmas will see this as the cheapest option. I also think the LTE models will be less popular than with the iPad models for the same reason.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Definitely the 16GB model for a number of reasons.

I've always thought that if they priced the iPad mini at $249 or below, there would be a good number of existing iPad owners who would have purchased one. There still will be at $329, but not as many and those users probably won't go big. They'll want the mini experience at the lowest cost.

A big audience for the mini will be those who don't currently own a tablet, but avoided it due to cost. They might shop lower cost tablets, but will stretch their budgets for the $329 model.

Of course, there are others who will buy the mini because it's mini. They'll get the more geebee's and cellular, making this the ultra-portable iPad.

laughjimbo

Bronze
Aug 2, 2010
Hertfordshire, UK
I agree that it will probably be the 16gb WiFi, I have 3 children and i expect i will be buying at least 2 of these for my girls for christmas, lowest price will always be the best option for most.

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
I don't see how they could have justified anything lower than $329 for the price point without crippling their line up. Who would buy an iPod touch at $299 when the mini is $249?

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I don't see how they could have justified anything lower than $329 for the price point without crippling their line up. Who would buy an iPod touch at $299 when the mini is $249?
Totally agree. It is the only price point. As far as popularity definitely the 16Gb.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe app