Which iPad to buy?

Nov 17, 2011
Ok, so att.com has the iPad 1 64 gb wifi/3g new for $480. The equivalent iPad 2 costs $830. My question is this: is the ipad 2 worth $350 more than the ipad 1? This is coming from someone who is new to the tablet market and is looking to buy his first tablet. To throw a further wrench into the mix, to close the price gap, would an iPad 2 wifi/3g with less hard drive space be a better deal than the iPad 1 at $480? Curious as to thoughts out there...

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Ok, so att.com has the iPad 1 64 gb wifi/3g new for $480. The equivalent iPad 2 costs $830. My question is this: is the ipad 2 worth $350 more than the ipad 1? This is coming from someone who is new to the tablet market and is looking to buy his first tablet. To throw a further wrench into the mix, to close the price gap, would an iPad 2 wifi/3g with less hard drive space be a better deal than the iPad 1 at $480? Curious as to thoughts out there...
I would go for the 1 and save yourself some $. I have a first generation model and my wife has the 2 and aside from the camera and (IMO) minor speed differences I don't think you're missing much with getting the 1, also no ATV mirroring on the 1.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
If you can wait until next year I bet iPad 3 be out then the price will drop on iPad 2. I have iPad 2 and love it. It has A5 chip just like 4s does. I bet the new one will have 4s screen or better. I use my iPad almost all day long lol. I went with the wifi 3G . I was thinking if I ever need the 3G I have it which I did use on my trips for gps mapping got windshield mount. I'm storm chaser for weather service so I have used 3G for the radar tracking. I had before google tablet and hated it so i sold it .