Which iPad word processing app has Word notebook layout?

davemaster223

Apr 12, 2010
Hey everyone,

I just got my ipad and i wanted to get suggestions from all of you. Basically, my primary purpose in purchasing the ipad was to use it as an easier method to take notes in my college classes. I will be buying the keyboard/dock combo when it comes out later in april but up to this point i have been using the notebook layout feature on MS Word: for Mac. What are some good alternatives for my ipad that will achieve the same user-friendly abilities that the notebook layout has (I haven't been able to really get to liking pages, mainly because there's no TAB feature when you're in landscape mode. Thanks everyone and any suggestions are appreciated.

forkee

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
the keyboard dock is available now. i have one, so do many others.

As for the TAB workaround, what i do is "copy" the space that occupies a TAB (press tab in portrait mode and double tap that space to "copy"). Then when i start a new paragraph, i just double tap and "paste" that space.

davemaster223

Apr 12, 2010
Well I picked up the ipad keyboard dock today, its very nice. Only complaint I have is that its hard to rest it on your lap when you wanna type (I normally rest my laptop on my lap while im typing lecture notes) so I guess ill have to set it up on the little arm rest/note table i have on the side of my chair. Still doesn't feel quite like my notebook layout in ms word for mac. But we will see, still waiting for the invisi shield to procure :)

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
Check out the app notability for the iPad. I personally take all my class no yes in portrait mode but this app looks like a potential replacement.

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
I read somewhere that the onboard keyboard has shortcut keys attached to most of the punctuation keys. So if you press and hold 1 of them other options will come up. I don't have my ipad yet so I can't verify this.