Which iPhone 5 case are you getting?

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
Got the Otterbox Commuter today...LOVE it. The Commuter is a GREAT step down from the Defender. Still great protection, SO much less bulk. I'm gonna take a look at SGP, though. That bumper looks SICK! Still looking at the Otterbox Reflex, too.

jafundy

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Speck case. It's great and fashionable.

J-94

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 7, 2011
Currently I've got a defender (also known as a tank) looking for something more hip to show this thing off. Preferably blue lol.

alamarco

Bronze
Nov 28, 2008
Canada
myfigurecollection.net
My ZAGG invisibleSHIELD finally shipped yesterday. Hopefully it'll arrive quickly as I'm anxious to start using it. The case I bought at my carrier, Rogers, is decent, but I prefer the invisibleSHIELD's.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Anyone know when the white otterbox is coming lol. I got a paisley one from verizon only covers the back and I'm scared! Lol. Always had otterbox :(

J-94

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 7, 2011
Got a speck candyshell now, any ideas for screen protectors? If needed?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm still waiting for my phone, but I decided on going naked this time. That sheen on the diamond-cut beveled edges of the white iPhone is too beautiful to cover up. I'll be getting Apple Care+ again.

J-94

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 7, 2011
I'm still waiting for my phone, but I decided on going naked this time. That sheen on the diamond-cut beveled edges of the white iPhone is too beautiful to cover up. I'll be getting Apple Care+ again.
I didn't purchase this when buying the phone, can I still do it? And what benefit does the plus offer?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I didn't purchase this when buying the phone, can I still do it? And what benefit does the plus offer?
Yep. You have 30 days. You'll need to take it in to an Apple Store to purchase it.

For $99 you get the following:
1. The manufacturer's warranty is extended to two years.
2. Two incidences of accidental damage replacement for a deductible of $50.
3. The $29 shipping charge is waived if you choose to send it in rather than taking it to an Apple Store.
4. Tech support is covered for 2 years instead of 3 months.
5. It's pro-rated, so you'll get a portion of your money back if you decided to upgrade your phone after a year and cancel Apple Care+ before selling the old one.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Loving its a little hard to remove and I got an immovable bubble under my screen protector!
Yeah, it's very hard to remove but the couple times that I did nothing got inside the case, dust and such.

J-94

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 7, 2011
Yep. You have 30 days. You'll need to take it in to an Apple Store to purchase it.

3. The $29 shipping charge is waived if you choose to send it in rather than taking it to an Apple Store.
5. It's pro-rated, so you'll get a portion of your money back if you decided to upgrade your phone after a year and cancel Apple Care+ before selling the old one.
The reduced deductible alone is worth it haha.

J-94

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 7, 2011
Yeah, it's very hard to remove but the couple times that I did nothing got inside the case, dust and such.
I'm enjoying it haha much less bulky than the defender.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007

I thought you already bought a couple of new cases plus were holding out for a new Element Case? What happened?

Going naked with this phone seems like an accident waiting to happen. I played with it at the Apple store and it's so light and frankly kind of scary slippery. I dunno...

Kriss

Zealot
Silver
Jun 8, 2008
Cape Cod
voyager01.deviantart.com
Just for clarity.. I received an email from Apple apologizing that I wasn't able to purchase AppleCare+ when I purchased my phone online from the mobile Apple store. I called them and they immediately put AppleCare on my phone without me having to go to the Apple store to to get it inspected. They did only give me a window of like three days from getting the email to purchase it under those terms.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Still no scratches!

TPU clear rubber cases for me and the wife should arrive tomorrow. I bought them off eBay for $5.50 each. I like simple, thin, cheap clear cases that you just replace once they get scratched up. Last time I used a hard plastic clip-on for my 4, and it got some marks on the back. I'm hoping to like these TPU cases. My wife had a similar one on her 4 and hers turned out flawless when it came time to sell.

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
I am using a Seidio Convert Combo case. Contains a snug slip on/snap together case that I use daily. It also contains a more rugged rubberized case that goes on over that case and fits in a holster if I want to wear it that way. I wanted to go naked but I was clumsy and let it slip out of my hands and hit the pavement outside of work. I have a nick in the corner edge (but not on the glass). It ticked me off but I have no one to blame but myself. I did not purchase Applecare but having never bought it before I am not sure it would do anything for drop damage. Such is life and now I learn a lesson the hard way. Now I have her protected in a case at least.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Still no scratches!

TPU clear rubber cases for me and the wife should arrive tomorrow. I bought them off eBay for $5.50 each. I like simple, thin, cheap clear cases that you just replace once they get scratched up. Last time I used a hard plastic clip-on for my 4, and it got some marks on the back. I'm hoping to like these TPU cases. My wife had a similar one on her 4 and hers turned out flawless when it came time to sell.
That sounds very similar to the rockfish case I'm using now. Clear gel and it looks really nice on my white iPhone.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Still no scratches!

That sounds very similar to the rockfish case I'm using now. Clear gel and it looks really nice on my white iPhone.