Which iPhone 6 would you choose?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Ron7624, Mar 1, 2014.

?

4" or 4.7" premium iPhone, which would you buy?

Poll closed Mar 8, 2014.
  1. 4"

38.5%
  2. 4.7"

61.5%
  1. Ron7624

Ron7624 Member
    Bronze

If Apple offers 2 iPhones, one with A 4 inch screen and the other with a 4.7 inch screen, which would you choose? All other aspects being equal.
    I think it would be interesting to see what folks in the real world would actually do. But a sampling of iCafe Forum users should be pretty close.
    I'd have to buy the 4.7" just because my eyes would appreciate the larger screen.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'll stick with a 4" screen because I want to maintain single-handed phone usage.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Depends on the total width of the phone. I'd like to have a 4.7" screen, but not if it makes the phone too wide. I don't care for the width of my son's S4. I guess we won't know until the cat's finally officially out of the bag.

4. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

I'll go for the 4.7" model provided they do something like the Moto X. The Moto is no bigger than my 5s with the slim leather Apple case. Much bigger than that and I'll stick with my 5s unless there is some new killer feature.

5. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

4" thank you!

6. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

From all the comments here and elsewhere in which folks expressed their preference for the (relatively) puny 4" screen like the 5/5s is sporting, I'd say Steve Jobs knew what he was talking about when he extolled the virtues of one-handed use. Sticking with what has worked for years has served Apple well, even when the world began embracing the "phablet." The 5/5s will almost surely remain popular even when Cupertino offers larger models. Man, that Jobs guy knew what he was doing, huh? :)

7. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

I'm really holding out for a 5 inch (my personal sweet spot), it would be nice to have one phone that could suit all my needs. Either way I'm excited to see potential options for people who want smaller and avg size phones :).

Note 3 ~ 5s

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

It'll be hard to decide in my opinion especially if they are out together. I like the current size, but I would like a bigger screen, but if it causes me not to be able to use it with one hand like when in bed, not cool! :p

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I will resist the urge to comment on such a loaded sentence.

#9 Napoleon PhoneApart, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

It took me a minute to figure out where I went wrong in why you wouldn't comment. I tried to not have anyone think about that which is why I erased as I was typing, what I was gonna put. Darn you Napoleon for still thinking what I know you're thinking. I live with my phone, in bed too. :)

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You're not making it any better, you know. :D

BTW, Europa just told me that you made a good point about the one-handed size of the iPhone, so you scored there.

12. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I love my phone! My iPhone that is! The device I use to call people. And jailbreak. All of the above. :p

OH! Well thank you Europa. :)

13. firewire

firewire Member
    Silver

I am REALLY hoping for an iPhone phablet. I want them to make Samsung sweat and get nervous. We need someone to take on Samsung head on in a category that Samsung pretty much owns. I love my Note 3 to death but I don't want Samsung to get lazy. Plus I'd seriously consider an iPhone phablet if I like what I see. I have zero brand loyalty, and frankly no one else should have either.

14. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Anything over 5" is really not a phone anymore in my opinion..

I have zero interest in massive screen sizes on a phone.. A 4.7" or 5" screen would be fine but anything bigger than that and I will pass...

15. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

I agree. My wife's got the Moto X. Very nice screen size, and the phone's not too big.

16. Tech guy4

Tech guy4 New Member

I will stay with the smaller one
    I most disagree with the las post, really hated that phone, most of all I hated it because of the buttons. Everyone likes something diferent my mom had a Moto x and I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

If the bigger one still fits in my little storage spot in my car in the center console, I'll get the bigger one. :)

18. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Same here, but I'm worried it may not be able to be used with one hand..the iPhone that is. :)

19. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

I'm not saying I want the Moto X. I'm saying I like the screen size/size of the phone, and would be happy to have an iPhone that size.

20. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I would go with the 4" screen as that is big enough. I don't plan on an upgrade for at least until 2016.