iPhone 7 Which iPhone Did You Get?

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I have also ordered the iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black 128 GB model. I went with Apple Upgrade Program and won't have it until Oct. 18-31st, unless they move it up by a couple weeks. I think I would have been happy with either matte black or jet black. This is also the first time I won't have my new iPhone on launch day.
1st year without iPhone on release day.
I hoped the "Reserve and Pick up" opened up today

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
She's flying out here tomorrow to see me; I have to schmooze her so she'll be nice to me and buy me stuff.
Haha! It's just a leather iPhone case and it's gonna be an early birthday present. I'm really looking forward to going to the Apple Store and checking out the all the new watches and Jet Black phone. (y)

Reactions: imutter

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You might get lucky that way. A lot of people, including Mindi and me, are complaining about screens that are dimmer than our previous iPhones. The screen is supposed to be 25%-30% brighter. Not happy campers.
Yeah mine was about 40% dimmer than my 6s when I took it out in the bright daylight today. I could barely see the 7 screen. It does, however, seem better since doing a hard reset tonight. I've heard some people say that only helped them temporarily, so I'm hoping we get a software update fast if it is software-related.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
You might get lucky that way. A lot of people, including Mindi and me, are complaining about screens that are dimmer than our previous iPhones. The screen is supposed to be 25%-30% brighter. Not happy campers.
I'm surprised there hasn't been more news on this. If it affected everyone I think there would be a big outcry. No doubt something that can be corrected with a software fix.

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
Yeah mine was about 40% dimmer than my 6s when I took it out in the bright daylight today. I could barely see the 7 screen. It does, however, seem better since doing a hard reset tonight. I've heard some people say that only helped them temporarily, so I'm hoping we get a software update fast if it is software-related.
My screen was dim initially, however while I was using it, it suddenly got real bright in a split second without me adjusting any settings (and it was already at max brightness). I don't have a 6s to compare it to anymore, however comparing the display to my iPad Pro 12.9, it's definitely brighter than that at full strength.

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
When I get round to it I'm getting the Matte Black 128 - 7.

Played with one in the Apple Store yesterday... can't resist. I'm on my every other year cycle anyway but wasn't going to upgrade. Now seeing it and playing with it ...well...take my money Apple! Thank you.
That sounds exactly like me. I started off with the usual tough talk: "I don't need to upgrade. My 6s Plus is fine. I'm holding out for the next one." Then, like a dope, I went and looked at the 7 at the Apple Store. What a mistake!! The gloss black is gorgeous, but a fingerprint magnet like I've never seen. And I always use a case of some kind so the choice of gloss black would only be for resale value. I'm still holding out for the 7s/8/whatever-they-call-it, but that resolve is eroding fast.

I'm thinking the matte black 7 128GB looks like the sweet spot. Seems like a popular choice.

Must.......resist.......a little........ longer.......

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
My screen was dim initially, however while I was using it, it suddenly got real bright in a split second without me adjusting any settings (and it was already at max brightness). I don't have a 6s to compare it to anymore, however comparing the display to my iPad Pro 12.9, it's definitely brighter than that at full strength.
I've noticed my screen suddenly get bright (with no change in ambient light) four times now (always while typing). I used it in the bright sun today and it was fine, but inside at full brightness is dimmer/grey compared to the 6s.

Reactions: Chancellor

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
That sounds exactly like me. I started off with the usual tough talk: "I don't need to upgrade. My 6s Plus is fine. I'm holding out for the next one." Then, like a dope, I went and looked at the 7 at the Apple Store. What a mistake!! The gloss black is gorgeous, but a fingerprint magnet like I've never seen. And I always use a case of some kind so the choice of gloss black would only be for resale value. I'm still holding out for the 7s/8/whatever-they-call-it, but that resolve is eroding fast.

I'm thinking the matte black 7 128GB looks like the sweet spot. Seems like a popular choice.

Must.......resist.......a little........ longer.......
Listen to your inner demon and cave in. Go for it!! LOL

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.

Just got back form the Apple Store . They had no plus model jet black at anytime at the store and only a 7 on display. Looks like someone did the scratch test on it. Yes it is a fingerprint magnet, nevertheless I loved it. I will keep it in a case.

Reactions: JWiPhone

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

Just got back form the Apple Store . They had no plus model jet black at anytime at the store and only a 7 on display. Looks like someone did the scratch test on it. Yes it is a fingerprint magnet, nevertheless, I loved it. I will keep it in a case.
You are one dedicated iPhone fan. It seems to me if Apple could design a water resistant iPhone they could also design a scratch/fingerprint resistant iPhone. I will be keeping mine in a case, but watching the video on how they created the jet black finish, it seems they could have used a technique to lessen the amount of fingerprints and scratches.