Which iPhone screen protector is best?

rickr10

Jul 9, 2007
I am looking for a screen protector for my new iPhone. I've heard the one Apple sells at their stores is the PIA-01 iPhone Crystal Film Set. I've used the ClearTouch protectors and like them and see they make one for the iPhone now.
My only concern is first, Is it necessary to have a screen protector? Next, do they in any way degrade the performance of the multi-touch screen? Most of all, if I get one what is a good brand to look at?

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
no. i just got the Crystal Film set this afternoon. it is amazing. now i can take it out of the pouch ( ipod video sleeve) without worrying about scratches

bmwlover0725

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I think its expertshield.com

they have the BEST one. go there and type iPhone. it covers the entire front which is nice because I'm using a case that covers the rest. my entire ipod was never touched lol and I plan to keep it that way.

davemanic

Jul 10, 2007
Just finished putting on bestskinsever on my iPhone, wow looks good.
There's a sure grip feel, not sticky, but grippy, fits perfectly, looks good.:laugh2:

miamibusta69

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
anyone know where i can find some good pics of the bestskinsever? i just bought one but i really want to see how it looks on the phone.

Nuggets

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
So is the bestskinsever better that the one you can get at the Apple store? I kinda want something that covers the whole phone but not if it's a pain in the ass to install

bcaslis

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Oregon
I've tried invisibleshield and the crystal film on the iPhone and I've used Best Skins Ever on other devices.

If you only want to protect the screen, I strongly recommend the crystal film you can buy from Apple. It looks and feels just like the original screen and is the easiest one to put on and take off by far.

If you want to protect the whole device, invisibleshield doesn't protect the chrome area and I was overall disappointed with it's fit. I took it off. It looks like bodyguardz.com has one that will protect everything including the chrome area but I have not tried that yet myself.

miamibusta69

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
people who have the bestskinsever which part covers the chrome sides is it the back or the front? if its the back ill just use the back and get the crystal film. that seems like it would be the perfect cover.

psychoticpanda

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
New York
i put on the Apple store one.. it sticks but not with a glue so it comes off easy when u wana take it off.. i also went to the beach 2 days ago and got sand on my phone.. it didn't affect it at all becuz of the sheild.